4. The Voice

It was dark and windy.

I crossed my arms over my breast so I could find some warmth but I was barely getting any.

I could be spending my Friday night at home, eating marshmallows and watching the Notebook, hoping to find love like Noah and Allie. Besides the trouble they went through, it was when they met that struck me. It's like when they looked at each other, they knew they would love each other forever.

"Well, well, isn't it the infamous Nova Barnes." A voice was heard. I stood there, frozen as ever. The voice was unfamiliar.

I couldn't tell if it was a female or a male but I was scared to turn around.

"Are you the person who threatened to show everyone the page?" I asked them, startled by what was happening.

"Yeah, yeah I am. Turn around, Nova." I shook my head no. "I don't want to see you, I just don't want you to show the page with my name on it." I told them.

"Turn around or I will show the page with your name on it." The person said, with annoyance in their voice.

I took a deep breath and slowly turned my body to face the person.

It was a girl. She looked around my age. She was wearing all black and pale skin and dark brown hair.

She looked awfully familiar.

"Reconigze me?" She asked. I shook my head no as I took a step back.

She smirked at me before going through her pocket. She pulled out a picture and handed it to me.

It was a picture of two little girls. One with mousy blonde hair, almost tan skin and ocean blue eyes while the other one had dark brown hair, pale skin and chocolate brown eyes.

As realization slapped me straight in the face, I gasped.

"Heidi?" I looked up and her grin widened.

"It's nice to know you remember me now, Nova."

"What do you want? In fact, what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"You know exactly what I'm here for. You unblocked MY page. Now I'm going to tell everyone what you did and poor little Ricky bear won't be so happy with you now. In fact, he'd hate you forever." I dropped the photo to the ground.

"Heidi, what do you want? I thought we were cool." She then fell into laughter. "Cool? Oh please, this isn't cool. You left me! We could've still been best friends but no, you just took your stuff and left me because you found out I was a lesbian!" She agrued.

I gasped at her. I couldn't believe what she was saying right now. "Heidi, I needed some time to adjust to it. I'm sorry but I was only 13 and I had no idea what lesbian even was! You also left me to be with the popular crew. So I guess we're both even." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm not here to argue about the past. If you don't want to ruin that girls high school life then you have to do me a favor." Nova sighed as she ran a hand through her blonde hair. "You have to be my girlfriend." My jaw dropped and I looked at her as if she was mental.

She totally was.

"What?! Are you out of your mind or what?" She rolled her eyes once more. "Don't worry, you won't actually be my girlfriend. Just a fake one."

"I'm not even gay though." I told her. "I know but maybe you could use this time to actually fix up everything you ruined between us." She mentioned. Oh please, I didn't even do anything! She's the one who left.

"Okay fine. I'll do it. But how long?" I asked her. "I haven't decided yet but when I'll keep you updated." I grunted and looked at her.

"Can't wait till Monday. See you then, Nova." She nodded at me before walking out the entrance of Buttonwood Park.