5. The Fake

"Ready for this?" Heidi asked as she looked at me. It was as if she was trying to examine me.

Pfft, yeah right.

"Nope. But lets just get this over with." I responded, looking straight ahead. I felt her hand intertwine with mine. I could feel cold hair entering my body as she pushed the doors open and there we started walking.

You see, Heidi's popular. When we stopped being friends. People started to recognize her beauty. How gorgeous she was. Guys loved her body and wanted her face while girls hated her body and despised her, only because they wished to be her.

She was bitchy but she didn't act like she ruled the school. But I knew that somewhere in there, she had a heart. She had feelings and insecurities like us.

That she was still the same girl from Middle school.

I could hear the whispers and snickers from the students in the hallways. Some football jocks wolf whistled at us.

We were walking near my locker now and that's when I knew this was going to be bad. What was Rick going to say?

There I saw Rick and Reese chatting it up near my locker. Right before we got to her locker, I tried to grab my hair and put it over my face until I realized it was in a braid. The reverse french braid I always did in the mornings.

I was such an idiot.

I tried to put my hoodie up but it was too late.

Reese saw me before Rick did and she didn't do her little smirk when she saw me. She looked at me blankly and gave me a small smile before turning back to her locker. Rick furrowed her eyebrow at her then turned to look at me. His reaction was mixed with shock and disappointment. We stopped at the end of the lockers and she turned to look up at me.

It was quite sad being so tall. Especially when you're almost taller than all your friends. I was 5'8 while everyone else was like 5'5 or less. But Heidi was extremely small. Almost like 5'2.

"I've got to go find Carol and the girls. They'll start throwing tantrums if I'm late. Bye sweetie." She smirked at me then got on her tippy toes to peck my cheek. She then went close to my ear. 'Tell anybody about us and I'll make sure that your friends hate your guts." She then smiled at me once more before flipping her hair and walking away. Apparently flipping her hair is her signature move before walking away but whatever.

I sighed and started making my way towards my locker. I unlocked the combination and gave the Ellington siblings a small smile, acting as if nothing happened.

"So you're just going to go into your locker and not even explain why the hell you were holding hands with your ex best friend?!" He practically screamed which made both Reese and I flinched.

I couldn't tell him I was doing this just so she could shut her mouth because he'd want to know more and it'd be impossible to tell him the truth. "I realized my feelings for her and I-I asked her out." I stuttered. I was not the best liar so hopefully he believed me.

He squinted his eyes at me. I stood there shaking in nervousness. Please believe me. Oh for goodness sakes, please.

"So are you bisexual?" He asked me.

Oh god, I didn't even think about that. Lesbian? Bisexual? Pansexual? Dammit Nova, pick one!

"I-uh, I'm currently confused on that. But I'm not really focused on my gender preference at the moment. More focused on my wonderful girlfriend." Reese slammed her locker shut and looked at me for the longest time.