32. The Reaction

Heidi's eyes widened as I gaped at Reese. Her hurt expression damaged me right there and that's when I realized something.

Heidi was right, I had to tell her and should've done it ages ago. But it was too late for that now.

"Reese," I walked up to her but she stepped back, away from me which left me to feel multiple pangs in my heart.

She opened her mouth but she seemed to have nothing to say but her reaction spoke for her. She didn't know how to feel.

"I'm not...I'm not mad, okay? I just-" She paused when we all heard the crack in her voice and tried not to make eye contact with me. "I have to go. I'm sorry." She then rushed, pushing past everyone in the auditorium.

"No I'm sorry," I mumbled to myself. Heidi looked at me, with sadness in her eyes as she walked away.

Rick then walked up to me, looking extremely confused. "What's wrong with Reese?"

I didn't know why, but I felt extremely emotional that moment. It felt as if something really important was taken away from me and I didn't know if I was going to get it back.

"I should've just told her," I stated helplessly. He raised an eyebrow, probably feeling even more confused and now concerned. "I'm such an idiot, Rick. I thought everything was okay and then I realized what got us here from the start; what made me not do what I was supposed to do and now I messed up everything...again."

"Nova, what's going on?" He asked with a stern face but concerned eyes. I looked up at him, knowing that if I told him, I would make everything worse. Besides, I think it's time Rick knew the truth about Reese and Frankie before he knows what I did. I mean it makes sense, right?

"I think it's best if you and Reese talk about the reason why she was kicked out of Blackwell," I hastily answered. Before he could say anything else, I walked past him and out of the auditorium as well.

<><><><><

I looked at the blonde in front of me as she stared back at me with a confused expression plastered on her face. Grabbing the phone, I put it up to my ear.

I was about to greet her until she cut me off. "You're that girl..."

"Yes I know," I answered her nervously. Man, she must hate me right now.

"Why are you here?" Frankie sternly asked. I didn't know why but maybe this was a good idea.

"Did you love her?" I blurted out unexpectedly. She looked taken back as my eyes widened too.

"Straightforward aren't we?"

"Just answer it! Its important, okay?"

"Yes,Yes I did." She breathed out before continuing. "Hell, I was in love with her and was already thinking about the future. But then she lied. And told everybody that it was just to make me go easier on the team and that hurt me. She broke my heart right there."

"You both would've been in trouble if she said anything else though," I reminded her.

It would be worth it. I wouldn't care because I loved her and believed that we were going to be together forever. But I got angry when I was released. She was trying to avoid me but I reached her anyways. I told her how much she hurt me and the way she responded made me so angry. It broke my heart."

"So then why in the hell would you run her over? That only gave you more jail time." I asked her, still dumfounded by this whole situation.

"Love is one dangerous emotion," My eyes met with her when I heard that. "It causes you to do things you never thought you'd ever do and that's what happened to me. Our love was really strong for each other but it was also really toxic and I got so angry that I ended up did doing something I wish I'd never done. I regret it so bad and I hate to admit it but when she found out I was the one who hit her, that was closure for us because I know for sure she is completely horrified and wants nothing to do with me."

For once, I saw something different in Frankie. She wasn't a bad person. Sure she made bad mistakes and did something really extreme that got her locked up but she did it because she was hurt and didn't know how to handle it.

She truly loved Reese but I guess it became one sided.

"I can't believe she fell for her soccer coach."

"I can't believe she's falling for you right now," Frankie chuckled and had my eyes widening. 

"What?" I asked, now completely interested in what she has to say.

"Oh come on. Its pretty obvious. I've known her since she walked onto the field in her freshman year and I've seen her with crushes but with you, it's completely different."

"How would you know? You were locked up?"

"When we talked, she talked about you a whole lot. Your name came out of her mouth more than ten times and what we were talking about had nothing to do with you." She stated with a smirk.

I couldn't help but smile.

"You're even blushing!" I mumbled cuss words and hid my face. "That day when she found out I hit her, she broke down and when you comforted her, I saw something different from her and I hate saying this but it's a good different and it was from you."

I didn't even know that I made her feel like this. I thought I was the one with the weird feelings. My smile vanished when realizing the current events that happened last week.

When she found out what I kept from her.

She hasn't spoken to me at all. She told me she wasn't mad but she was definitely hurt and I have called and left hundreds of messages but not one reply.

"Yeah well I messed that up."

"How?" She asked, looking very curious.

"It all started with Rick telling me about his sister coming back into town," I then told her all about hacking onto the blog and the fake girlfriend stuff. Basically everything that has happened so far. 

"That sucks ass and you're truly an idiot so what you need to do is go and  get her back."

"How am I supposed to do that?" I asked helplessly.

"I don't know but do whatever it takes because Reese is a good person and deserves the world. I couldn't give her that but you can and you will. So do it before it's too late," She answered with a sly smirk.

"You're not bad, Frankie."

"Yeah yeah. It's time for you to go now so good luck on getting her back. I wish the best for the both of you."

I furrowed a brow and smirked. "Woah there, tiger. This isn't the last time we'll see each other. Maybe for Reese it is but for me? Definitely not. I'm going to need some tips."

She gave me her first toothy smile and I smiled back at her while putting the phone down.

----------

Hello mates!

Its been exactly a month since I updated this and I'm sorry but I got really bad writers block with this chapter and I probably will for the next 6-7 chapters because I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to build up to the ending.

Speaking of ending, we have 8 chapters left till this story is complete! 😊

GIF on top is Lynn Gunn. So stunning.

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER: Do you think Reese is upset? If yes, do you think she'll forgive Nova?

Bye mates!