1. His Soul Ripping Apart

Adele was sitting on her bed shaking hard and sobbing. It was disturbing to see how one event could change Francesco so much. That letter had informed him of news that had turned him vengeful. The news had turned him so vengeful that had made him lose all sense. He was going to kill the guilty and the innocent all together with no mercy and with no consideration to anything anyone was telling him. He had lost all reason. Adele couldn't stop him since he had ordered Costanzo to take her to her room and lock her to stop her from coming out to see scenes that were going to be related to his business and from what he knew of Adele, he didn't want her to see. He had told her he would see her later. But she didn't know if she wanted Francesco to come near her after what he had been busy doing ever since the arrival of that letter.

Adele was holding her head in her hands and weeping louder now as she recalled the glimpses of what she had seen Francesco do. That was of course the slip up on Francesco's part torturing his victims at the front yard allowing Adele to see what a monster he could be. As the victims were brought in Francesco had ruthlessly tormented them as they got off their cars and only had stopped when he had heard voice of Adele from the windows screaming her lungs out for him to stop. Of course he had sighed in frustration and after giving her an angry look, he had ordered the victims to be taken inside. The first of many victims.

Suddenly the sound of the key turning in the key hole startled Adele. She got up from her bed and backed away until her back was against of the wall. She was hoping it was not Francesco but it was. Anyone else would have knocked and introduced themselves before entering the room except him of course.

She saw Francesco entering the room followed by Costanzo. As Costanzo closed the door behind them, Francesco spoke firmly " Explain to me what is going on? You can't refuse my orders. I told Costanzo to bring you downstairs for lunch to join me but he came down to tell me you are refusing to leave your room and you are crying. Tell me Adele. Why are you crying? Who has upset you? Why aren't you eating? Just give me a name or I would go out there and beat the truth out of those who are guarding your room. And tell me why you are keeping your distance? Why are you backing away? I would not ever hurt you. Do I have to repeat myself?"

Adele was finding it hard to speak while Francesco was towering over her, looking at her with cold emotionless eyes that made her sob even harder. She was shaking like a leaf but managed to stutter " I am scared ...."

Francesco didn't let her finish her sentence and hugged her tightly rubbing circles behind her back. She was meant to explain how she was shaken up by his actions but Francesco misinterpreted all this.

Francesco whispered " It's ok sweetheart. I know. I am sorry this had happened. But those who did this would pay. I am sorry you are scared sweetheart. You don't need to be. It's nothing. If you see i had to cancel our outings today and cancel our attendance of Hollywood ball is just to deal with these issues immediately. I cant postpone it to later. I will make it up to you. I will keep you safe. I promise. I will make them pay for scaring you and making you cry on top of their crimes."

He then pulled away and held Adele's cheeks in his hands staring into her eyes waiting for a response. But Adele didn't know where to start. She didn't know how to get him to stop his actions. She was having hiccups now from crying. She spoke " Francesco .... Stop this ...."

Francesco kissed her forehead and spoke "I will put an stop to this nonsense that has started against Rosarios before it turns to anything bigger. I will. There won't be nothing left of those responsible for what happened. Nothing. There would be no trace of their existence. Shh. It's ok. Now. Don't worry sweetheart. If you don't feel well to come downstairs, I will send your lunch to this room with Angelo. I will get him to also get you something to calm you down like tea. I am busy for the rest of the day as you can see but will see you tonight when you go to bed. You don't even have to come down for dinner, Adele. Just take some rest and calm down..... Don't cry baby.... Fine.... I leave Costanzo here too for as long as you want.... Would that make you feel better?"