76. The Wedding (Part 2)

Adele was nervously looking at a black car that drove away. Francesco had gotten into that car with the Don, Mama Adriana and Emanuelle O'Neil. It was her turn soon. She watched her bridesmaids talking to Francesco's uncle Pietro in front of the mansion next to the cars. They had left her alone to check on the latest arrangements and to make sure all was ok.

Suddenly a knock came on the door, Angelo's voice that called "Are you in there? Can I come in Adele."

Adele took a deep breath and relaxed. "Come in." She was glad Angelo was there. Her parents had come to see her minutes earlier and she had missed Angelo. It was nice to see her brother before the wedding.

Angelo slowly walked inside and gasped as he saw Adele "Wow, you look wonderful." He closed the door and walked to Adele. The siblings embraced and Angelo whispered "How are you holding up?"

Adele took a deep breath and pulled away "I am nervous...."

Angelo smiled as he took a step away and he squeezed her hands reassuringly "It is natural. Just keep calm. You will be fine. Just follow father's lead down the aisle. He has been practicing at the church all morning. He was so nervous this morning but after being told what he needs to do and walking down that aisle a couple of times, it got easier."

Adele sighed " I can't help being nervous. I am so scared..."

Angelo's expression softened " I know you can handle this."

Adele spoke "You do?"

Angelo nodded "You will handle this because this is what you really want and when you want something, you won't rest until you get it. We are different to the Rosarios but we do work hard for what we want in life. You will be a great wife and mother. Francesco is lucky to have you... Too lucky."

Adele caught the resentment in his tone towards Francesco "You still don't like him?"

Angelo spoke "It doesn't matter what I feel. It matters what you feel. I know, you love him and this is what you want. I just want you to be happy. But remember what I said Adele. I will make sure that I will always be there for you. I will be loyal to Francesco and would prove my loyalty to him so I can be allowed to be in your life. I want to always be there so if you ever wanted to talk, you will be allowed to see me. I know Francesco will never hurt you but he is a criminal. He may change. I hope he doesn't. But he might... If he ever changes how he treats you in any way, then I want to be there so I can do what I can. I wish you were marrying a normal person but nobody's life is perfect... I know walking down that aisle is special. Make sure you look carefully into how Francesco looks at you when he sees you for the first time in your wedding dress. Look him in the eye and memorise that look. That is his true emotions coming onto the surface. To him you are always his first love and his last. I don't think he ever changes the way he looks at you ever... but if he does, I will be there for you...."

Adele smiled "Thank you Angelo.... I am so happy he let you see me today all alone..."

Angelo sighed "He didn't. Costanzo did. He is waiting outside. He let me see you privately... he likes to see you beforehand too."

Adele nodded "Of course. I will like to see him too. I haven't heard from him in days."

Angelo nodded and let go of Adele's hands. He walked to the door and spoke "Costanzo come in." He then smiled at Adele and walked outside.

Next, Costanzo came inside and closed the door. As he glanced at Adele for the first time he gasped " Adele... you look ... stunning.... If this is my reaction, I can't figure out my brother's."

Adele walked to him and smiled "Thank you..." Then her tone turned serious "What is happening with you? How is Amaranta? Francesco told me everything..."