21. Bond Between Brothers (Part 1)

As Francesco was about to leave, Adele spoke " Don't go. Please. I don't want you to act so quickly. Think about everything before you do anything."

Francesco turned to his beloved who was now laying in her bed looking at him with even more concern. He gave her a worn out smile " Don't worry sweetheart. I know what I am doing. Sleep now." He then without another word turned the handle and opened the door. As he shut the door behind him, he turned and he didn't like the sight.

At the end of the corridor, Angelo and Anna were kissing passionately as Angelo was backed into the wall and Anna was making a show as her skirt was slightly moving up when the air condition from the side was blowing under her dress. Luckily for his guards, they knew to keep their eyes pointed elsewhere otherwise he was going to shoot them dead one by one with no remorse for looking Anna in any inappropriate way. All Francesco's employees knew how protective he was of Anna. She was like the little sister to him.

As Francesco walked closer, he heard Anna whispering to Angelo " Do you want to come to my room now? We can ... watch some TV. I have popcorn."

Francesco cleared his throat as he got close to the couple " No he can't actually. He is not allowed to leave his room. He works for me. He must be at his post in case he is needed. He has pushed his luck by staying up late wondering around. Besides you know your father's rules Anna. Do you intend to break them?". Both Anna and Angelo froze.

Anna slowly untangled herself from Angelo and stood in front of him. " Hello cousin. Why are you out of bed?"

Angelo glanced up at Francesco worriedly. He had no idea how Anna could be so calm and relaxed. Francesco was looking at them with pure displeasure. He stuttered " Hi .... Sorry about this..."

Francesco spoke firmly " Anna, I thought I told you the boundaries. You are only allowed official dates with Angelo in public." He emphasised on the word public. He then turned to Angelo and addressed him in a harsh tone "Leave Angelo. Go to your room. This is the only warning you get. Remember next time, you cant visit Anna in anywhere alone. Only in public, where she wishes to go, then that is allowed. Do you understand?"

Angelo nodded his head vigorously "Yes boss." He then whispered "Good night Anna" and he left. Angelo walked to his room, unlocked the door and closed the door behind him as Anna looked at him disappear. She turned to Francesco and sighed in defeat " I am sorry. I thought I can bypass the rules because he is Adele's brother and most trusted and we were just going to watch a movie. That's all."

Francesco spoke " You can take him to cinema. I don't care. But he cant come to your bedroom. There is no chance of that happening with no consequences. You are not allowed to be alone with any man with no guards around until you are married. That's your father's rule and I respect him for that. You are a Rosario woman. You have to be cautious."

Anna mumbled " But Angelo is different. He is Adele's brother. Should the rules apply to him? Isn't he trusted as a family member?"

Francesco raised an eyebrow " Pardon me? Are you questioning me?"

Anna shook her head " No. I just thought that Angelo is different to others ......."

Francesco spoke " Well, you thought wrong."

Anna spoke "But ...."

Francesco narrowed his eyes " Don't interrupt me next time I speak. You have no manners. To answer your question, Angelo is trusted since he works for me. If I didn't trust him I would not have appointed him as an employee at my mansion. But that doesn't exempt him from punishment if something happens to you when you are alone with him. Then, even if its not his fault, Angelo is held responsible and would be punished by me and your parents. Now go to your room. You can't see Angelo unless its in public eye. I don't want to hear any more. Go to your room."