36. Unreadable Minds

Costanzo was leaning to the wall of the game room of Francesco's mansion staring at Emanuelle O'Neil, the man he despised so much, the man who his father compared him to all the time, the man his father wished was his son, the man who took away his chances of marrying Sancia, the man who brought nothing good into his life.

O'Neil was holding his billiard stick staring at the billiard table " I like taking my time with my moves in billiard. Does it bother you?"

Costanzo sighed " Of course not. I don't mind that at all just like how I didn't mind you taking your time playing darts." Then he thought to himself " The less you talk the better." But of course he had to be polite.

O'Neil chuckled and turned to Costanzo " How are things with you? You still haven't answered my questions. You can't keep me busy with games for ever."

Costanzo frowned " I answered you. All is well. My business is well managed. Those under my supervision work like a clockwork. I have little to complain about. Nobody has assassinated me ...."

O'Neil raised an eyebrow " Are you trying to imply anything Costanzo? Are you trying to offend me?"

Costanzo spoke " Of course not. I wouldn't dream of it. I just want to say I am alive and well. No enemies have tried to kill me unlike in your case."

O'Neil was now in front of Costanzo "How about this? I am alive and well. I have a wife who is pregnant with my child..... I am having a baby with the woman who you wanted so badly and could never have. She is pregnant with the child that you believe should have been yours. How does that make you feel."

Costanzo gritted his teeth and balled his hands into fists. He wanted to punch him. Sancia was a married woman. He didn't have eyes for her now that he knew her husband was back. It hurt to be spoken to in that manner by him.

O'Neil noticed that " I asked you a question. How does that make you feel? What do you feel when you see what could be yours is mine. She loved me and I love her. You lost her. You know what they say, someone's misery is another's joy. So tell me, how do you feel?"

A voice spoke from behind Emanuelle " Relieved of course. He is relieved and happy Sancia got the man she truly deserved. He couldn't be happier."

O'Neil knew this annoying voice. He turned " Antonio. I thought you were with Francesco getting on with interrogating captives."

Antonio came in and picked up a billiard stick " Francesco is efficient when it comes to questioning captives. He doesn't take any where near the time you do in torturing captives but he gets the same results. I think you enjoy inflicting pain too much and surely it doesn't reflect on your incompetency in interrogation techniques of course." He then gave O'Neil a smile. A sarcastic smile that was meant to offend him and it did.

O'Neil narrowed his eyes and walked to the billiard table. He hit a ball with his billiard stick " How is your new girl Georgina? Congratulations on getting a dance out of her. Sancia told me all about it."

Antonio froze " She is fine. Just fine."

O'Neil spoke " Georgina had an argument with my wife at the first night of the Hollywood party two nights ago from what I hear."

Antonio picked up a billiard stick and hit a ball " Well. That's my girl."

Emanuelle spoke " Wrong move with that ball. You can't win this way.

Antonio held his billiard stick in front of him and turned to Emanuelle " Maybe winning is not what I am after."

Emanuelle raised an eyebrow " Then what is it you are after."