32. Conflicts Of The Mind

Adele was standing next to the window at her room. She was at Francesco's mansion now. Everything had happened so fast. Francesco had spent some time in his meeting at the hotel and upon return to their hotel room, he had told her, he needed to take care of business and had asked her to occupy herself by the unlikeliest means. By joining Sancia in her office for afternoon tea. That hadn't gone well at all. Sancia was just sitting on her desk and reading reports, not glancing at her. Sancia looked on edge and nervous. They had only made very short conversations. By the time Adele was picked up by Francesco it was night time. Then, she was just told that it was safe enough to leave the hotel and the threats on the roads were no longer an issue that needed to be dealt with. She had got into the car and here she was now in her room. Francesco had left her in her room alone while attending to business.

Adele had no idea what was going on. All she could see at the window was that many men coming and going. Then she saw some injured men getting off cars. Only then she knew it was war and there must have been a stand off somewhere.

Suddenly the door opened and came in Francesco. He looked at Adele at the window " Sweetheart. Were you waiting for me?"

As Francesco walked to her, the look he was giving her was making her lose the will to talk. All of the questions she was going to ask evaporated since Francesco's stare took her breath away and made her forget who he was truly .

When she was left alone, she had time to think about everything in the past hours and not just the issue with Angelo and Ambrogio. She had time to think about her relationship with Francesco and how it had advanced so dramatically too. It was unfortunate that just when their relationship was peaking, her brother had decided to run away to the enemy and Francesco had a war on his hands or so it seemed.

By just looking into his eyes, she could tell he wanted her so badly. Their love was intensifying for each other as time had gone on from the second she had agreed to put his ring on her finger. It seemed that Francesco didn't seem so restrained anymore in showing his true emotions and wasn't as cautious about making his advances on her and avoiding pressuring her to move fast in their relationship. When she had said yes to his marriage proposal she had confirmed to him that she was ready and she was. She didn't know why and how but she was. She loved him enough that the thought of marrying him sounded so right and not as scary as she thought.

Francesco was a gentle romantic. He loved her enough to treat her so delicately and he never hurt her. He was a criminal but everyone had their dark side. But Francesco's dark side was one she feared and despised. But when he looked at her with so much possessive love, all her doubts and fears went away. When he looked at her like that, she felt like there were only two people in this world and that was them. Nothing else mattered. The truth that Adele had come to realise was she wanted Francesco. With all his flaws, with all his hate, with all his criminal records, with all his ruthlessness, she still wanted him but only because she was in love with a part of Francesco no one else could see. The part of him that he was only willing to show for her. The part of him that saved her family from death at the hands of Piero Rosario and the same side of him that agreed to not condemn Angelo to death even though in Francesco's world Angelo deserved nothing by death. Adele knew she was naive but she knew enough from what Costanzo had told her when she had arrived that betrayal was so unforgivable that even if Costanzo who was Francesco's own brother was the one committing it, he would have suffered. Adele knew Angelo was lucky to be her brother but part of her knew he was going to suffer in ways that she couldn't imagine. That made her feel shake in fear. What was to come to him?

Francesco at this point was in front of her and looking at her with amusement " What is going in in your mind? Does my sweetheart have conflict in her beautiful mind?"