41. A Thanksgiving (Part 5)

Adele slowly opened her eyes to the sun rays coming through the windows and of course to the smell of fresh pastry and aroma of tea. She sat up on her bed and saw Francesco reading a newspaper as he was sitting behind a nicely set breakfast table close to the balcony window.

As Francesco noticed that Adele was sitting up, he glanced up from his newspaper and looked at Adele. " Good morning sweetheart."

Adele spoke sounding sleepy " Hi. Good morning. What time is it?" She then looked at the clock and gasped " I have overslept. Why didn't you wake me up?"

Francesco stood up and walked to Adele. He sat down on the edge of the bed and took her hand "You needed your rest. I thought you needed it after all the events that's have happened. Happy thanksgiving..." He then leaned close and kissed her cheek.

Adele blushed " Ah. I think I need to get changed." As she moved away to the other side of the bed, Francesco stopped her. He grabbed her waist and pulled her close to him. " Not so fast. I think I like to hold you in bed a little bit."

Francesco then laid down in the bed with his back touching the mattress. He pulled Adele on top of him and caged her waist in his arms " You are where you belong now. Right in my arms."

Adele held her weight on her hands that she placed on Francesco's shoulders. She tried to pull away and free herself. " Francesco, this is too early for this."

Francesco laughed "You are going no where. Don't struggle." He then swiftly reversed their positions to his favourite one. He was now on top of Adele caging her on the bed with his hands on either side of her arms taking his weight. He searched Adele's eyes "You look much better this morning. I love it when there is some colour on your cheeks. I don't like seeing you pale." he then leaned close and touched his lips to hers gently and pulled away.

Adele breathed "Happy thanksgiving." Being this close to Francesco when they were being intimate made her nervous. She didn't have anything else on her mind when Francesco was so close to her. She only could stare into those handsome pair of eyes that looked at her like she was the only woman in this world. His heavy stare made her feel self conscious. She found him irresistible when he looked at her in that possessive special way that he always looked at her. It was a mystery to her how Francesco could love her so much. He could choose any woman he wanted in this world with the wealth and power he had at his disposal but he had settled for her. Ten years of separation hadn't changed his feelings for her at all.

Adele spoke "You know ..... I want to make some confessions. I think now it is time to talk about our relationship.

Francesco frowned " I don't want to know if its in the past. Whatever it is, you don't have to tell me. if you have cheated on me, I no longer want to know. Its irrelevant now that you have promised to marry me........"

Adele smiled "Its not that. I have never cheated on you. I went out with Michael and there is nothing to tell you about my relationship with him that you already don't know...."

Francesco took a deep breath "I am relieved. You don't have to tell me anything....."

Adele spoke softly "But I do. I feel like I haven't disclosed to you how I have felt for you....." She then bit her lip and continued. "Now that we are engaged, I feel closer to you...."

Francesco spoke "You said yes to my marriage proposal. It tells me everything about how you feel. You don't have to say anything else sweetheart...."

Adele spoke " But I do. I have been in denial for so long. I have kept pushing down my feelings for you out of fear..... When the fear went away, it was easier to be with you and to imagine my life with you...... That night at the hollywood ball, I said yes simply because ...... it sounded right..... Being your wife sounded right. When you bent down on one knee, I couldn't stop myself from saying yes. It sounds crazy to me how certain I was about my decision. I think too much about everything or Angelo says. I take long to make decisions but .... when you asked me to marry you I just couldn't stop myself. Maybe your honest words took away my fears. A marriage is a promise, a vow, a covenant as you say. All you need is trusting your other half. All you need is for them reassuring you that they would honour their word every step of the way and would never hurt you. I knew you meant every word you said. I just knew it. I had heard that sincere tone before, years before. You kept your word ten years ago. You didn't hurt me and you saved my family. I know your uncle was going to kill my family. I know you tried all you could and you stood up to your family for me. I loved you back then from the time I saw you sitting next to my brother in that town hall gathering. It has taken me so long to admit it to you but from the moment I saw you..... I fancied you like crazy..... but ........ I was afraid. I was afraid that you were going to hurt me. I didn't trust you to be honourable until you treated me so respectfully and kindly during my forced stay at your uncle's ranch. You .... won my heart....."