18. Amaranta

Francesco was holding Adele's hand as he was leading her out of the hotels elevator towards their room. They were walking under the watchful eyes of guards whom had lined up in the corridors of the floor the Rosarios had hired in an orderly manner. The Hollywood ball was almost over and Francesco had decided for both of them to retire for the night.

When they reached their room, Francesco turned the key into the lock and spoke " I hope you enjoyed the night sweetheart."

Adele spoke " The ball was great."

Francesco chuckled " I meant.... our engagement night."

Adele said " Oh..." She then gasped as she was lead inside the room. Their room had become decorated more beautifully that it was before. Not only that. She noticed so many buckets of flowers were covering most of the floor and many nicely wrapped boxes were piled up in the corner.

Francesco let go of Adele's hand and walked inside towards their bed. He sat down and took off his shoes " It's annoying how these people have sent so many flowers and gifts to the hotel room because of our engagement announcement. There is hardly any space for us now."

Adele took off her shoes too and walked to Francesco's sitting form on the bed and stood in front of him. She slowly reached her hand to his cheek and stroked it gently " I think it's really nice of them to send flowers. But gifts are confusing. What kind of shops are open at this time for them to quickly find gifts."

Francesco, wrapped his arms around her waist. He then laid down on the bed and in the process pulled Adele on top of him. He kissed her cheek and looked into her eyes as he was laying beneath her " Sweetheart, New York is a city that never sleeps. Especially the Hollywood people work 24/7. I am involved with many projects and they should do their duty to send me gifts for my engagement. I expect some gifts to arrive at the mansion too."

Adele sighed " What kind of gifts?"

Francesco suddenly swapped positions with Adele as he suddenly pinned her down and climbed on top of her. He started planting kisses on Adele's hair and jaw line as he whispered " What kind of gifts? Hm.... gifts that are of some use for our wedding. Like how the United Dreamers offered to perform at our wedding. That kind of gift, is what I am talking about."

Adele bit her lip " Francesco ..... When is it? When is our wedding?"

Francesco stopped kissing her and pulled away staring into Adele's eyes " Sweetheart. You will decide the wedding date. Everything will be your choice. The venue, the cake, the three course meal to be served, the dress makers.... Everything is upto you but .... I will be the decider of the level of security."

Adele spoke " But you told me before that you were planning the wedding and even the ..... the honeymoon." She blushed.

Francesco spoke " I will plan it for you sweetheart but you will choose and decide amongst all the choices I will give you. I think our wedding should happen within the next twelve months. I am

Willing to give you upto one year to wait until you decide it's time to make it official. How do you feel about that? Is that long enough for you to get used to the idea of being Lady Rosario?"

Adele spoke sounding unsure " I don't know. I haven't thought about it,"

Francesco spoke " Don't worry sweetheart. You have plenty of time to decide. I will take you to see the venue at some point and of course will get you to meet the dress maker and the chef as well as her team. Does that sound good?"

Adele nodded silently. "Yes. I suppose."

Francesco smiled. He leaned close and kissed Adele's lips. He then pulled away " Also the guest list is my choice, it's a security issue and a business issue. I will invite family, friends and allies. People like Sancia and her husband will be there too."