25. Mob War Erupts (Part 1)

Francesco and Adele were sitting in a well guarded corner of the breakfast hall of the hotel. The breakfast was self service and a variety of morning refreshments with various selection of drinks were laid out on different tables. There was also dance and music which was part of a reason Francesco had brought Adele to the public hall rather than having breakfast in bed with her. He needed to keep her occupied for long enough while he was going to attend to business. They had been at the breakfast hall for half an hour now and Adele had eaten so slowly avoiding getting forced to eat too much.

Francesco passed the syrup bottle to Adele " Sweetheart have some maple syrup with your waffles."

Adele spoke " But I already have chocolate sauce on it. Then it would be mess on the waffle."

Francesco put the maple syrup next to Adele's plate " You don't know the true meaning of a mess sweetheart." He then thought to himself " But your brother knows the meaning really well." He then gave Adele a smile " I think maple syrup makes waffles tastier. Try some."

Adele sighed and complied, pouring maple syrup on her waffles " Would you tell me what's going on? You said if I am " good" as you call it you will tell me."

Francesco spoke " I will tell you after our date. Don't worry about it. It concerns me not you. Not in ways you might think...... " his eyes then caught Antonio's figure approaching their table. Francesco spoke in a serious tone " Sweetheart we may need to delay our date for a little bit. I can't take you swimming right now. I need to attend some business meetings. It would take a while but this breakfast room is occupied all day with dance and music. You can also invite people to come sit on your table as long as they are female but you can't leave this table while I am gone. I will be back
Soon. Is that ok?"

Adele looked concerned " What's happened? You must tell me. Why do you delay our date for a meeting? It must be bad."

Francesco thought silently to himself "You have no idea sweetheart." He then spoke " Tsk Tsk. Sweetheart. You didn't answer my question. I asked if it was ok if I leave you now?"

Adele spoke " I think I will manage. But ...."

Francesco stood up, and leaned over kissing her lips gently. He then pulled away " I won't be long. I promise. See you shortly." He then walked away as he heard Adele whispering bye.

Francesco bumped into Antonio's approaching figure. " Follow me." He ordered harshly.

Antonio followed Francesco silently. Francesco stopped at his bedroom door and unlocked the door.

As Antonio entered and Francesco closed the door behind him, his firm voice boomed " You must have some news otherwise you wouldn't be back so soon." Francesco then walked to Antonio and towered over him " Speak. Tell me everything."

Antonio tried to compose himself under his boss's intense stare. He cleared his throat " Boss. I am back early because I didn't leave the hotel to grab hold of Sapphire. She was hiding on the rooftop. When I sent Costanzo on your orders to check for irregularities, he inspected the rooftop first because he taught the most secluded areas posed the most dangers. He found sapphire hiding up there and dragged her down to my room just as I was about to depart to go to her brother's house. So I sent some men to bring me her brother to me, just in case she refused to talk. While they were gone I interrogated her. She wasn't co-operative until my men called from her brother's house and she heard her brother's devastated voice. She told me everything within five minutes. You see, she didn't think I would locate her brother's home because she used alot of contacts to use a different name for him on the official records. She was shocked to see her brother was caught...."

Francesco was losing patience as he folded his arms over his chest "I am not interested about how you got information out of her. Tell me what she knows."