55. A Thanksgiving (Part 19)

Arturo opened one of the guest rooms and spoke roughly towards Anna " Go inside."

Anna entered the room without protest. She knew she couldn't avoid him.

Arturo entered and closed the door behind him. He then punched the door hard. He spoke without turning around " I wish it wasn't you. I wish it wasn't you who called him up... What were you thinking. He punched the door one more time and then took a deep breath as he tried to calm himself down.

As Arturo turned around, he couldn't help give out a dark chuckle. He saw Anna laying on the bed and taking out her mirror from her pocket looking at herself. She was making an statement that she didn't care about how angry he was. He took steps towards the bed slowly "I gave you time to hide.. I gave you time to avoid me. Why didn't you hide in this room somewhere or even better yet, you could run through that exit at the back. Why didn't you do it. You know I am about to question you. Do you welcome it? Do you welcome having a face off with me?"

Anna sighed and put away her mirror. She got up and sat on the edge of the bed facing Arturo who was standing a few feet away "Why would I hide? You never go away."

Arturo put his hands on his hips and stared into Anna's eyes. The pair of eyes he fell in love with. At that moment, Arturo was going crazy. Her defiant eyes, her strong will, the way she held her head up as she spoke, the way she smiled at him with a wicked glint in her eyes even though she knew she was in trouble.

Arturo walked to Anna and towered over her. He grabbed her chin tilted her head upwards as he spoke " You just betrayed me and you got caught....You don't look scared.."

Anna spoke "Should I be scared? What is the worst that you can do to me?"

Arturo raised an eyebrow "Anything. I can do anything...You are my woman. I can do anything I wish. You will be coming with me to Italy, then we will get engaged...."

Anna corrected "After you woe me of course. I am not marrying you without courtship."

Arturo spoke "Don't try to argue back or are you trying to distract me so I wont confront you about your stunt out there? Either way, we have had a decade long courtship. Time is up. You were always mine. Always." He then leaned close and kissed her on the lips. As he broke away the kiss, he walked away and started looking at the paintings in the room "Nice, peaceful pictures. Its too peaceful in this place. Don't you think? I think this mansion needs an Agostini to shake it up."

Anna for the first time looked alarmed. She stood up walking to Arturo "What are you saying?"

Arturo smirked as he looked at the pictures on the wall "Now you are worried. As you said, what is the worst I can do? I can't kill you. You are the one woman immune from me. You are the one soul I would never harm. You are the one soul I would die for.... You are the one soul I would kill for."

Anna held Arturo's hand and he turned around. He put his hands on her hips and looked into her eyes and spoke coldly " You look like your mother but you talk like your father. He is fearless too... He is in Agostini territory still. Did you know that? He is locked up in one of my warehouses. He is awaiting to be picked up by Rosarios personally since he trespassed. He is waiting and no one has come because I haven't informed the Rosarios I have him. They think he is released."

Anna's expression changed. She looked at Arturo with contempt "How could you? You can't hold him there. He is my father. You betrayed me by locking him away. You release him now."

Arturo nodded " It makes us even. Don't you think? You betrayed me. I betrayed you. But I didn't lock him up to hurt him. I just did that to make sure you come back with me this time..."