73. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 4)

Francesco was lying in his bed awake. He looked at the clock and it was too early in the morning. He was finding it hard to sleep. All he could hear was thunder and lightening outside. But that was not what kept him awake. He was getting married in a matter of hours. He was finally going to have Adele after ten years of waiting and it was all because she had said yes. He was finally able to live the dream of having a family, only because she had decided to accept his marriage proposal. He felt like he was on top of Mountain Everest at that moment just because Adele had finally said she loved him enough to marry him. He was going to have a family of his own and he was going to be a good husband and a good father. But could he really? Those doubts were keeping him awake. What if he hurt his family? What if he failed them like how his father failed his. How much of his father did he have in him?

Francesco shook the thoughts and sat up on the bed and held his head in his hands. He kept telling himself that he wasnt like his father when it came to treating his woman. The thought of hurting his family made him sick. He had already hurt Adele before through hurting others. He had made her cry by hurting her brother and Michael. Was he capable of hurting his woman? Was he? Maybe his father was right. Maybe he was going to see life through his eyes one day and was going to hurt the woman he loved and his children. But how was that possible? He couldn't stand the thought of hurting his woman and his own blood. He just couldn't....

Francesco stood up and looked at the sleeping form of Adele in the next room through the open door. He didn't know why they had to sleep in different beds that night. It made no sense. They were getting married any way that day. But again it was tradition. If they were found in the same bed they still had to answer to the Don that whether Adele is pregnant and how long it was going on. That was not worth it and he didn't want to put Adele through that on the day of her wedding.

Francesco walked to Adele's bed and stood towering over her sleeping form. His Angel was in a deep sleep. He smiled as he knelt on the floor next to the bed and took her hand in his looking at the engagement ring on her finger. That ring was a reminder of the best day of his life as well as being the symbol of their love. He planted a kiss on her ring and then looked at Adele who was still in a deep sleep. Did he deserve this angel? He didn't. How could he? Part of him was telling him to set her free. Part of him was telling him to let her go back to normal life and watch her from far. She didn't deserve to live in his dark world that was full of danger and distrust. But he loved her. How could he let her go? He couldn't stand being away from her anymore. He couldn't lose her.

Suddenly Adele moved her hand away and lied down on her side facing Francesco. He sighed. damn it was so hard to resist kissing her lips. He stood up and walked to the window opening the curtains looking outside. The rain had stopped now. No more thunder and lightening. The wedding preparations were all in place. They were going to get married at the town's church and then the wedding reception was going to be held at Don's mansion. After that, Francesco and Adele were going to retire to spend their wedding night in a house that said "Welcome Bride and Groom" on a banner. The place was right opposite the guest house they had been staying in for the past week. Francesco already had decorated the bedroom they were going to stay in for the night only to fly away the next day.

Francesco heard her angelic voice "Francesco.... What time is it?"

Francesco turned to her and smiled "Too early for you to wake up. Go to sleep. Did I wake you?"

Adele spoke "Its not too early. Its not dark outside any more. Is it still raining?"

Francesco walked to her bed and sat down on the edge "No, it is not raining. Were you worried it was going to rain on our wedding?"

Adele spoke "No. Why would I worry? If it is raining on your wedding is a good sign. Some say it is the sign of being blessed. The skies are giving their blessing by unleashing rain that gives life to earth. I have no problem getting wet either way. But I have a problem with you staying awake... What is the matter?"