69. Big Occasion

Adele opened her eyes to the sunshine coming through the windows. She looked through the door that opened into Francesco's bedroom and to her disappointment he wasn't there. She actually missed him. She missed looking into his eyes. She missed his touch. She was over being shy with him. After they had cleared the air and she was wearing his ring, it really felt like they were married. That was how she felt. She felt she was Francesco's wife and it felt like she was much more than a fiancé to Francesco. He certainly now treated her like his other half.

After she got changed, she heard footsteps coming upstairs and then heard Francesco's voice in a hushed tone in the bedroom next door " Sweetheart.... Are you awake?"

Adele called out " Yes, I am." She then walked out of her room right into Francesco's arms startling him. She wrapped her arms around his neck " I missed you so much."

Francesco smiled and leaned close kissing her forehead. He then pulled away slightly as he rested his hands on her hips " You look beautiful today..... I missed you too last night. I don't think I can ever sleep properly without you next to me. But it was necessary. My uncle Pietro came to check on us twice last night. He is actually very traditional just like my grandfather. He just saw his wife once before he took her to church to marry. If he found us in bed he was going to run to the mansion waking up the whole house and was going to get us to church for a shot gun wedding in the middle of the night. So we can't even hug out there. But we don't have long until the wedding.... That reminds me... What did you decide about my grandfathers offer to marry here. Do you like it better here compared to New York or you want to marry on American land."

Adele smiled " I don't mind where I marry you. But I do mind where I have our children. I want them to be born on American land and chase their American dreams."

Francesco smiled " You mean that sweetheart? It's so nice to hear it from your sweet lips that you want to give me children. But tell me, do you want our children to be presidents? Is that why you want them born on American land?"

Adele laughed " No. No politics. I just want them to be free. I just want them to play sports. I just want them to have fun... With their father alongside their mother..."

Francesco was quite surprised to hear Adele so casually about their children. He voiced his thoughts " Where is this talk coming from sweetheart? Do you feel pressured? Don't look at my uncle Pietro and Sofia just talking about babies. My grandfather also will try to blackmail you to marrying me here. Leave them all to me. I will sort them out. You marry when you want. First of January or later. It doesn't matter to me. I have waited ten years, I can wait longer...."

Adele shook her head as she was tightening her hold on his shoulders as she leaned close. She then attached her lips to his gently. She then pulled away and stared into his eyes as she spoke every word with determination " I am ready. I am ready to be yours. I missed you so much last night and it just didn't feel right not being in your arms after you had given me your ring, your promise to love and protect me. I had your promise in form of a ring on my fingers but couldn't lay down next to you and couldn't listen to your heart beats. I could hear you take deep breaths faintly from a distance. But that wasn't enough. I needed your presence closer to me. I want you Francesco. We are one now. We are partners in life and I want us to make it official. We will marry where you want to marry because I just want you to be happy. I am happy to be standing where ever you are. All we need is a church to say our vows. All we need is a priest to wed us. I don't need anything as long as you are safe and happy beside me. I don't care about any shot gun weddings. I want you holding my hand and that is enough for me. You trusting me means everything to me. You have a life style I can never get my head around. You run a business I could never understand. But I am in love with you and want to be there for you holding your hand hoping one day, you won't be paying for your fathers sins and hoping you could escape this life you inherited from the man who did nothing except traumatising you in life. One day I hope you find peace. One day I hope both of us will find peace. For now, we stay together and face all the hurdles together."