43. A Thanksgiving (Part 7)

Angelo was laying in his bed looking at the ceiling on the thanksgiving morning. The room he was held in had no windows and had no clock. He could guess it was morning since he was brought breakfast earlier on by one of the maids who silently left the tray and walked out as the guard locked the door again with no words exchanged. He had no idea of his fate at Francesco's hands. Costanzo hadn't given much away the previous night. Angelo just knew he was going to pay but not by his life.

Suddenly the lock turned once more that morning and the door opened. Angelo jumped and stood up looking up at Antonio who came in with a cold expression on his face. He had a bag in his hand.

Angelo quickly spoke " Good morning Antonio."

Antonio threw the bag at Angelo's feet and spoke " Good morning traitor. Wear the suit inside this bag. I was instructed to take you to Adele. You must look formal. Francesco has guests." He then looked at Angelo's surprised expression.

Angelo asked. " But ..... how about .... my punishment?"

Antonio spoke " You know, I don't like it when people ignore my requests. Unfortunately my instructions don't include torturing you today. I think you are correct. You must be punished and you will be but in ways that your sister wont notice and wont get hurt. You are special. Now don't waste my time. Get the suit out and wear it. I will be outside the room waiting." Antonio then walked out and closed the door.

Angelo complied and got changed quickly. It was a very expensive suit what he was given. It must have cost an entire month of his salary at his job back at the hospital. He had never worn such comfortable clothes before. He was guessing that he was going to pay up soon and Francesco was being nice to him just because it was thanksgiving. He deserved whatever pain he was going to be put through. He was a traitor. What he had done was wrong. He shouldn't have trusted the enemy only to use him that way. He felt used by Ambrogio. He just wanted to save his sister from marrying a criminal. That was all. He was desperate and he had trusted the enemy who had no intention of saving his sister and just used him as a simple hostage.

Angelo slowly walked to the exit of his tiny room and opened the door. He saw Antonio leaning to the wall outside the door looking bored.

Antonio walked to Angelo and checked his tie " You know how to fix your tie. That's good. At least you are good at something else except being a traitor. Follow me." He then walked away.

Angelo looked around him. He was in that haunting room. The room that had torture devices and weapons on the wall with a sick twist of having a mirror. He looked up at the ceiling and swallowed hard as he saw bloodied hooks hung from the ceiling. He had seen these yesterday but now even it made him cringe to look at where his room was located. Right at the corner of a massive torture hall, he was given a room.

Antonio stopped walking and turned around " Why are you looking around? I asked you to follow me. Hurry. Georgina is waiting for me at the gulf course."

Angelo looked at Antonio with questioning eyes " What is Francesco going to do to me? Is he going to ..... torture people here and make me listen in my room? Or is he going to torture me?...... Why is my room in this chamber. Will you tell me what Francesco has planned for me." Angelo just needed to know. Being in that torture hall really made him shake to the core.

Antonio rolled his eyes " I don't have to tell you anything and to be honest I hardly know anything about your case. You are a special traitor. You are an untouchable one that only Francesco can decide your faith. But let's give you a hint, traitor..... Don't look so hopefully at the hooks on the wall. Trust me.... I know for a fact, your initial punishment before your sister saved your backside, included you being hung from your wrists to a hook for a few hours and beaten to a pulp by Francesco himself but that was not all...."