3. A Thoughtful Night Gone Past

Adele opened her eyes to the morning light. She looked at the clock on the side table. She had over slept. She couldn't sleep well the previous night since she was deep in thought about how she felt about her relationship with Francesco.

Adele was still as confused as ever. Francesco was a cold blooded criminal who murdered people in his line of work. It was hard to justify a relationship with him even though she did care about him. She was a doctor. Not a criminal. She could never accept his way of life. How could she? She really was feeling uneasy about her knowledge of what Francesco did for a living on daily basis. But what was she to do? She had considered her options and she had come to the conclusion that she either had to run away from Francesco or she had to stand by his side and try hard to change him as Costanzo kept encouraging her to do so. She couldn't see herself to commit to any other options. She couldn't see herself as someone who could become an obedient wife to Francesco and live by his side without questioning his gruesome ways of life. She couldn't look the other way like how Francesco wished for her or could she ever do that? She was scared of thinking too much about this question. Afterall she did feel strongly about Francesco.

Adele had feelings for her childhood love and she couldn't deny it. But she also knew what she felt for Francesco wasn't just love. It was sympathy as well. She truly felt sorry for Francesco. Could she ever abandon him even if she could? She wasn't sure if she could give up on him even if he didn't change his ways. It wasn't his fault that he was born to the Rosarios. His father had forced him to kill when he was nine years old. He was driven to this life. Costanzo wanted her to let Francesco love him and more importantly to try to love him back in order to save Francesco from himself but was it too late? She was not sure. Afterall Francesco was far from changing. He was way too immersed in his life that was based on power, revenge, crime and money.

Adele sighed. She did not want to think too much about this. It was enough that she had lost her sleep over this the previous night.

Adele shook her thoughts away and turned around on the bed to check to see if Francesco was awake too and they could possibly go to breakfast. But she found the space next to her on the bed empty. Francesco was most likely on his morning run or was he? He could be busy doing what he was doing all day yesterday for all she knew. Even though he had told her, he was leaving the rest of the work to his men that day, she couldn't be sure that he wasn't somewhere on the compound torturing or killing someone at that moment. She shuddered at the thought. She got up and walked to her wardrobe, picked some clothes and went to bathroom to get ready for breakfast.

As Adele dressed up and left the bathroom, she heard a knock on the door and Antonio's apologetic voice was heard asking to come in. Adele murmured " come in."

Adele raised an eyebrow as she saw Antonio keeping the door open for guards to bring multiple boxes inside. She just stared at Antonio with her mouth open silently. There were so many boxes.

As the guards left she spoke " Good morning Antonio. Where is Francesco? And what are these boxes ."

Antonio looked very tired but he managed a smile as he closed the door " Good morning Adele. That's an improvement. You are asking about Francesco. The last time I dropped by, I remember you asked where Costanzo was. I am pleased to see that you ask for your man now." He then chuckled " What? Its true..... As for the boxes, they are gifts from Hollywood designers. They have sent you some designs based on the measurements they took from you and what Francesco described to them as his ideal clothes. You see these people would do anything to avoid meeting Francesco. He had told them he would drop by their offices today but they don't want that. They sent the clothes over while hoping he won't show up to see them later today."

Adele spoke " I don't need all these boxes of clothes. Its too many. This is crazy......" She then sighed "But you still haven't told me where Francesco is.... Is Francesco still..... Is he still busy with ..... ...." She then bit her lip.