39. A Thanksgiving (Part 3)

Francesco Rosario was not one who wanted to show weakness. He was not one to give in. He was not one to hide. He certainly wasn't one to drown his pain in liquor. He looked at the twenty year old whiskey on the wine cellar shelves and sighed deeply. But of course just as he reached for it, he stopped himself. He always was one to hold his liquor. He drank in moderation. He knew when to stop. He closed his eyes and dropped down. He sat at the bottom of the wine cellar leaning to the wall, looking at the racks of alcohol.

The pain and heartache he was feeling, was just not like any other. He remembered the last time he wanted to drown his pain in liquor. It was ten years who when he had been separated from Adele. It was on the night that his father had thrown a party after sending away Adele and her family from the mansion as well as Costanzo and his uncle Piero departing him. As the party at his fathers mansion had started, he had felt quite alone and in need of liquor. He had sneaked into his fathers wine cellar looking for an aged whiskey with plenty of alcohol inside. As he had reached for a bottle, he was busted but not by his father . It was non other than Emanuelle O'Neil, Sergio Giovanni, Arturo Agustini and Ambrogio Voltolini and Georgio Canavaro. They were there on Business trips with their fathers. They had gathered into a small group and had followed him. That was the beginning of some interesting unlikely friendships. He had learnt so much from that group of kids. They were like him in many ways. They had locked the door, sitting down exchanging stories and of course drinking one sip from that aged whiskey only to cough out and not try it again. O'Neil's favourite was of course Irish cream liquor that he convinced everyone to drink a sip from to get rid of the bitter taste. For years later, he did see that bunch of kids from time to time. Whether it was in college, as exchange students or just as attendees to the same parties his father took him to.

Francesco leaned his head to the wall and closed his eyes shut thinking what was to become of him now after this trip to the wine cellar. How bad was it this time? He had Adele now. What did it matter if his father was alive or dead?

Francesco opened his eyes and stood up. He was determined not to let his father hurt him anymore. He didn't want to shed any tears for the past neither did he want to drown his sorrows in liquor. He was stronger than this. With one last look at the twenty year old whiskey he left the wine cellar and made his way to his bedroom. He had given Adele more than enough time to speak to Anna. She was surely ready, he thought to himself.

Francesco reached his bedroom, he heard no noise from the inside and turned the door knob. As he entered, he saw Anna and Adele sitting on sofas opposite each other looking deep in thought, in total silence.

They spotted Francesco and stood up.

Francesco walked to Adele and kissed her forehead. He then sat down on the sofa pointing to the spot next to him " Sit down sweetheart,"

As Adele sat down, he wrapped his arm around her and kissed the side of her head " You look radiant as always." He whispered.

Anna cleared her throat " I think I should go."

He looked up at his cousin " I think you should too. It's late. Adele must sleep. I ordered the guards to prepare a room for you to stay the night. You are here for thanksgiving. You might as well stay. Get my guards to get what you need from your hotel room."

Anna spoke " Thank you. Good night." She then turned to Adele " It was nice talking to you. Sleep tight." She then made her way out the door. As she closed the door behind her Adele turned to Francesco " Weren't you going to ask her what option she chose ."

Francesco inhaled her scent and ran his hand up and down her back. " No. You decide. I just let you talk to her because you wished it...... Now it's time to sleep." He then without warning wrapped his arms around her and lifted her. Before she knew it, she was getting carried to the bed. He laid her down and laid down next to her. He face her and she mirrored his action. They were now staring into each others eyes intently.. "You don't know how much having you in this bed means to me..... Did you feel sick again after I left you?"