44. A Thanksgiving (Part 8)

Francesco was aware how Arturo was intimidating Adele. He squeezed Adele's waist as he had his arm around her and spoke as he looked into his eyes with an intense gaze " I could not agree more Arturo. A man who can not fight for his woman, deserves to stay single. Right? I look out for my woman too. I do mind the lustful stares at my woman just as much as I mind, threatening looks. So we are on the same page."

Adele felt the tension in the air. Arturo nodded with a serious expression and raised his glass of wine "I drink to your words." He then took a sip and stared at Francesco with an emotionless expression in silence and Francesco stared back with his most intimidating stare that he reserved for when he was in business mode. Francesco spoke in a cold tone " I am glad you are drinking the wine from my winery. You are always the picky one with the wine. May I offer you some vodka from my cellar if you don't like the wine."

Arturo spoke "I am picky with my wine. But I drink yours. Rosarios are good in this industry. But of course I would like to invite you to come to Milan to my family home to consume the finest wines made by my father's winery. No wine tastes the same as the red grapes of the land that belongs to my father's winery."

Francesco spoke "You mean, your winery. Come on. Your old man is pleading to you to let him retire. What's with your refusal to take over and delaying the inevitable."

Arturo spoke " I am unofficially running my father's business right now as you know. Its just my initiation that has been delayed. Actually, I think waiting has come to an end now. I have made some lengthy trips to New York and back to talk with allies and make alliances in addition to trying to of course convince a special woman to come back with me to Italy..... Now it is time to take over officially. I would send your invitation in the post by the way. I really would like it if you can come to my family home with your fiancé to pay respects to me just like how I did for you a while back when you were initiated as the head of your family business."

Francesco spoke " Invitation accepted."

Arturo spoke "Charming. I will make arrangements for your stay. Its perfectly safe and secure in our territories."

Francesco spoke "I know. Your territories are now official no go zones. by outsiders. I would have no problem accepting your invitations at any time....."

Right at that moment, Antonio walked down the stairs and the sound of his foot steps made Francesco turn "Antonio, accompany Adele to the party room and introduce her to our guests while I quickly deal with some matter in my office. I wont be long."

Antonio walked to stand next to Adele and nodded respectfully "Yes boss..."

Arturo spoke "Francesco, could you show me your vodka collection quickly while we are here."

Francesco sighed and turned to Adele "I will be quick sweetheart." he then kissed her forehead and turned to Arturo." "Very well, follow me." He then walked away and Arturo nodded respectfully to Adele "I will see you very shortly Ma'am." He then followed Francesco.

Adele looked on as they walked away. Antonio looked at Adele "Let's go .... Are you alright? You look a bit concerned."

Adele turned to Antonio "No. I am fine... It's just that he is very intimidating."

Antonio spoke in a hushed tone that only Adele could hear as he was looking around making sure guards weren't at ear shot "Of course he is. He is a dangerous criminal. His own sister fears him. He is the only son in his family and was trained like us from a very young age. His family is one of the most influential and most dangerous families in Italy. You cross an Augustini, you will be hunted day and night in every city in Italy not only by the Augutinis but also by their allies. The same goes with us in the states but we don't have that influence in Italy. Never mind. You wouldn't see him for long. He is going back to Italy in the next few days. He is going back with Anna."