Bonus Chapter 2: Family Matters

Six Weeks Later

Costanzo was kneeeling on the floor with a hand gun in his hand weeping as Francesco was standing leaning to the wall opposite him drinking from his vodka glass.

Francesco was looking at his brother with a hard expression "Pull yourself together. I have given you a choice. You have three minutes left to make a choice. Either shoot Elize or Amaranta. One of them has to die for you to realise which one it is going to be who you finally settle for.."

Costanzo looked at the unconscious forms of Amaranta and Elize on the floor on either side of him. Francesco had drugged them. They were in a deep sleep laying on the floor motionless. He had taken too long in Francesco's view in deciding who was to be his wife so Francesco had decided to make sure he made a decision now fast enough for his convenince. He had been brough to this room. He had been given 5 minutes to make a decision and if he didnt kill one of the women, Francesco had vowed to kill both right in front of him after they woke up. Now he had made it easy for him to decide. He had made them unconscious so he didnt have to look into their eyes... Costanzo felt sick... He looked up at Francesco "Please... Dont do this... I will do anything... I cant do this... You cant ask me to kill Amaranta or Elize..."

Francesco downed his vodka in one go and placed the glass on a table. He walked closer to him and started circling his brother "Pick one Costanzo... I won't extend your time. Kill one of them and save the other while you still can... If you dont, I would kill both and I would make their deaths painful... One of these women has to become your wife... I can't deal with this nonsense. Kill one ... Now..." He was now standing towering over his brother right in front of him. He bent down slightly and grabbed Costanzo's chin "Pick one and kill one... I was patience with you... Not any longer... I gave you time to make a decision and you wasted it by avoiding the matter and even staying away. You cant run from your life Costanzo. It ends now... one minute left. Kill one or I will kill both."

As Francesco let go of his chin he walked away to the corner of the room. He poured himself some vodka in a glass and rolled his eyes as he heard his brother's sobs... He was really pushing Francesco... Costanzo was not weak... He was strong. He was intelligent... He was one of the best lawyers in the country. He was a security expert. He knew how to talk to women. Women threw themselves at him everywehere Costanzo went but Francesco could not understand how Costanzo could not settle for one woman and get married. Costanzo made some of the most vital decisionsin his business organisation but he couldnt make the simplest decision of all. He was incapable to admit which he loved the most in his life.

Francesco turned around and started sipping from his vodka "30 seconds left Costanzo... Kill one..."

Costanzo wept harder and then slowly stood up as his stare was not elaving his brother's "How can you do this? They are innocent women..." He then offered his gun to Francesco "Here... Kill me instead... I cant kill any of them... Kill me... Because I cant live with knowledge I took an inncoent life."

Francesco laughed and shook his head as he downed his second vodka glass. He put his glass on the table and pointed to his watch "Twenty seconds left... I hear you cant live with youself if you kill one of them... How about if I kill both? Can you live with yourself then... Your count down starts... Pick one ... It should be easy to choose... Which one can you live without for the rest of your life? Francesco gave Costanzo a menacing smile "Ten, Nine..."

Costanzo's eyes widened "Stop... No..." He then turned around and with his shaky hands walked to the lying forms of the women... He sobbed as he pointed the gun at one of them "I am so sorry... please forgive me... I beg you to forgive me..." He then with a loud sob pulled the trigger and closed his eyes. He cried hard and his mind registered what just had happened... The gun had no bullet. No shot was fired... He opened his eyes and while breathing hard he slowly turned around. He looked at his brother smiling and pouring vodka in a glass.