51. A Thanksgiving (Part 15)

Adele tried to compose herself. He had a dangerous look in his eyes as he was staring back at her as he said the words. He was looking at her with intensity daring her to argue. What was she to do? She told herself "Fight. Its do or die. It can't get any worse than this". She knew Angelo was doomed totally now. He had been caught saying to Adele words that implied to Francesco that Angelo was manipulating her. Francesco hadn't heard the whole conversation and he seemed to be totally livid at what he had heard. She tried to think quickly as Francesco leaned close and kissed her lips gently as she was silent thinking hard. he had taken it as a sign of acceptance.

Adele told herself "Its ok. Its not too late. He is not out of this room. It could be worse if he had taken out a gun right there and then tried to kill Angelo, then what? She was certain he was going to kill any other man he caught in the same situation as Angelo. He was a threat to her brother. She vowed to herself not to let Francesco leave that room until Francesco saw sense. But she had to be careful since Francesco could get even more furious if he was offended and didn't like what he heard. But it had to be done. Adele had to step up for her brother. So Adele pulled away from and looked into Francesco's eyes as she spoke slowly and carefully " You are wrong Francesco. Totally wrong."

Francesco raised an eyebrow "About what?"

Adele held on to Francesco's shoulders tightly "About condemning Angelo. He is my brother. We were having a conversation that you overheard. You can't judge him based on one sentence."

Francesco gave her hips a gentle squeeze as he spoke dismissively " You are mine. I can't let him come between us. I don't expect you to understand his threat to us. Today, I will eliminate the threat that your brother poses to you in my way. Then you won't be hurt in future. You will thank me one day."

Adele couldn't believe Francesco. His tone was demanding and cold. It upset her to hear him speak about dealing with her brother this way. She pleaded " You should not take any actions against my brother Francesco. You apologised to me for hurting him. Now you want to eliminate his threat. I tell you honestly now... If you love me, you will stop now. If you love me you would call Costanzo and Angelo to come join us on our way to the thanksgiving dinner downstairs and not mention what you heard again. "

Francesco warned " Don't argue with me and don't even go there. I do love you. That is why I do have to do take severe actions this time. I would deal with your brother now in a way he wont be a threat to us any more. You won't see him for the rest of the day and beyond indefinitely. That would be the end of it. You wont need to know beyond that. He will be dealt with properly this time."

Adele spoke with horror in her voice " You can't mean that. You can't do this. You said you regretted hurting Angelo and now you are intending to deal with him. You are breaking my heart.."

Francesco spoke in a demanding tone "Sweetheart. This is my business and I sure dictate how I deal with it. You will stay out of my business Adele. That is rule one. Don't ever question me like this. Why would your heart break? For what? I don't apologise for protecting you. I apologise for going back on my word when I had promised you something. Now what I heard changes our arrangements. I heard him trying to turn you against me. That's unforgivable in my book."

Adele pushed on Francesco's chest with her hands as he had his hands gripping her hips tightly as she was still seated on the desk. She even didn't know where her courage was coming from. It was truly a do or die situation. Francesco seemed on edge. Even his muscles were so tense. His eyes were colder and his tone was harder than what Adele was used to with Francesco when he was addressing her. She looked at Francesco and raised her voice slightly " I know Angelo. He is my brother. He would never pose a threat to me. He accepts that I love you. I want you to leave him alone for what you heard."