4. An Ice Cold Close Call

Adele was lead to Francesco's meeting room and was left alone by Antonio to knock on the door. Adele sighed. How Antonio trusted her to do anything for him was baffling to her. How come he was trusting her now? Even though he knew how many times she had made things worse by interfering even within the short time she had been there. But again as Antonio had pointed out, this was not really business and more of a personal matter.

Adele took a deep breath and knocked on the door under the watchful eyes if the statue like guards who avoided eye contact with her at all times.

Francesco shouted from the inside " Who is this? I said no visitors."

Adele cleared her throat " Sorry. It's me."

Seconds later, she heard the key turning in the lock and Francesco opening the door. He looked surprised " Sweetheart. Shouldn't you be at breakfast now. I told Antonio to take you. Did he forget?"

Adele whispered quickly " Antonio didn't forget. He came to see me. I asked him to bring me to you. I wanted to go with you."

Francesco spoke " Fine then. Come inside. I am almost done here. We will go together."

As Adele came in, Francesco closed the door behind him and spoke " You remember Georgio sweetheart?"

Adele looked at Georgio who was standing and looking at Francesco with a passive expression. He wasn't even looking at Adele. She remembered that she had to be the one to acknowledge him sooner Francesco didn't like anyone to communicate with her without her prior approval or interest. So Adele cleared her throat " Yes. I remember. Hello Georgio. How is Georgina."

Georgio looked at Francesco and as he nodded, he turned to Adele and spoke " Hi. Thank you. Georgina is fine. I will let her know you asked about her. You may see her at the Hollywood ball tonight. She hopefully won't be causing trouble like she did earlier." He was looking at Francesco apologetically as he was saying the last sentence."

Francesco chuckled as he spoke " Georgina is single. She is not a lady yet until she is married. She can be excused for her behaviour at this mansion. Antonio taught her a lesson from what I hear. So I am sure she won't cause the troubles she caused the day before yesterday ever again when she is at presence of Rosarios. But I don't despise her behaviour at the ball last night. It was reported to me that she stood up to Sancia Giovanni. I have no problem with that at all and I am glad to see you have decided for the Canavaros to drop by at the ball tonight as well. Sancia won't back down and neither should Georgina. Having said all this, you know what I think of your sister overall. Don't you? She is too defiant and has too much fire in her. I feel sorry for her future husband that has to put up with her for a lifetime. Lets hope it won't be a Rosario." He then laughed harder. Then he gestured to a seat in front of Georgio and turned to Adele "Sit down sweetheart. We are about done here. But there are a few things left. Also there is a topic that came up at the end that may need your input too."

Adele walked to the spot on the large sofa Francesco pointed at and sat down. Francesco sat down next to Adele and as usual wrapped an arm around her waist holding her tightly. He then spoke " Georgio, be seated and lets finish the businesses we just discussed. Carry on where we left off."

Georgio sat down and spoke " Thank you for allowing me to bring this up in the first place. I really needed help about this. As I was saying, I secured an appointment with one of the movie making giants. If that meeting goes well then the Canavaros and Rosarios can co-own that movie making company. It would be worth millions and it would be legal."

Francesco spoke " Almost legal. We both know what goes on in the background as movies are made. Alot of behind the scenes happens that won't be running so perfectly if mobs like ours don't put some finishing touches here and there. As I said I either will be in that meeting or will send Antonio to attend it with you. They would sell off that movie studio or they would go bankrupt with plans I have in place. They won't like it if we make every actor and actress resign because of ill health or personal reasons would they. When they are left with no movie stars, then they would sell the place with half the price even. Trust me. So they would say yes to avoid losing money. Now, business talk is finished. Tell Adele about what you told me."