16. Love is in the air & cant breathe sometimes

Adele and Francesco were holding each other on the dance floor once more moving slowly to a song. They had come back to the party after their proposal and their engagement was announced by one of the Hollywood stars of musicals. In the honour of engagement lengthier dance time slots were input into the schedule and more champagne was served at tables.

Adele whispered " I can't believe we have the centre of the dance floor to ourselves. No one comes close into our circle."

Francesco chuckled " Firstly they should know better than to mess with my private moments and its a security breach if someone gets too close anyways. Besides that, we are the engaged couple. They should keep their distance while they dance. They shouldn't listen to our conversations. We can get as intimate as we want now when we talk. Its true. You can talk about anything now with me with out blushing now that you have promised to be my wife." He then leaned close and planted kiss on Adele's lips gently and pulled away looking into her eyes lovingly.

Francesco's response caught Adele's attention. She spoke " You mean we can talk about anything and you won't get angry."

Francesco nodded " Sweetheart, you were always allowed to say anything but you know what I am talking about." He then winked.

Adele gasped " Francesco ..., don't be like that. It's too soon."

Francesco leaned close and touched the tip of his nose to Adele's and smiled " Don't be shy baby. It's only a matter of time before .....".

Adele sighed and pulled away " Francesco don't start".

Francesco grinned " I get it. You don't want to talk about it before our wedding night. I was just teasing you. To answer your question, things change between us from tonight. You just agreed to a marriage with me. That's a covenant you won't break. Many would break their vows but I know you won't. Now it's made me truly believe that you won't ever leave me or rather I hope you never leave me more than I did before. There will be highs and lows in our lives in our future lives. Now that I know you will be holding my hand throughout everything that would happen to me, I feel so overjoyed. You can't even imagine.... So sweetheart, you can say anything you want and I won't assume anything. To put it simply, I would know that no matter what you say, at the end of the day, you are still with me and you won't .... betray me or I hope you won't. So there will be no consequences for you or anyone else no matter what you say or do since I know you just promised yourself to be mine."

Adele was looking at Francesco with surprise " But ..., I thought you didn't believe in marriage........".

Francesco sighed " I don't... But I believe in our marriage. When you said yes to me, I felt like I became ... bonded to you. When you said yes,... I felt like that from that moment onwards there was some unseen force tying us together that nothing and no one could break. No wonder they call it tying the knot. Now were are promised to each other and on our wedding day, we complete our wedlock amongst many other things... So sweetheart, we can talk to each other like nothing holds us back with no consequences since now that our loyalty and love is sealed to each other... Especially talk about our wedding Night. Feel free ...."

Adele spoke " Francesco .... Don't go there..."

Francesco smirked " I won't .... unless you do... Now lets keep the jokes apart. Was there something you wanted to talk to me about? It sounds like there is something heavy on your chest. Tell me sweetheart. What is it?"

Adele bit her lip. "Was she this obvious?" She thought to herself. She then decided to speak her mind no matter what the risk was. She had to try. So she cleared her throat " It's about Costanzo."

Francesco spoke " What about him?"

Adele spoke carefully "I want you to ..... I want you to ... let him choose his partner in life."