42. A Thanksgiving (Part 6)

Anna was shaking her head as she put her hands on her hips looking at the target and the two arrows " I can't believe this. How did you do that?"

Arturo put the bow and arrow down on the ground and walked to Anna " I achieved this through practice. Maybe I can give you some tutoring since we have so much time to spend with each other now."

Anna spoke " I want a rematch."

Arturo spoke " You lost a bet, darling. Accept it."

Anna spoke " It was very close. Even Antonio and Costanzo can testify,"

Antonio chuckled as he put his hand on Costanzo's shoulder " He won fair and square. Lets go cousin. We should give them some space. Don't be a sour loser Anna. Pay up." He then walked away.

Costanzo shook his head as he turned to Antonio and followed him " It was a close one though. But she lost." He then couldn't hold his chuckle. Antonio also laughed. Anna's face was priceless. They had lost so many times in archery to Anna and had no sympathy for her at all.

Anna crossed her arms over her chest " I want a rematch."

Arturo spoke flatly " No. I refuse. Now you have to do what I say for a whole week. If I had lost I would have had to do as you asked but I didn't lose. Did I?"

Anna gave him a disapproving look and walked away towards the target. " We will have a rematch. I will get the arrows."

Arturo didn't like that. He followed her " Don't walk away from me." He then grabbed her arm and turned her around to face him " You lost Anna. I won."

Anna spoke " Let go."

Arturo spoke " No."

Anna lifted her other hand and tried to untangle his hand from her arm but he didn't budge.

Arturo spoke " I promised you I am not going to stop chasing you until you are mine and here I am. When I came to visit New York this time, I vowed to myself to not leave without you. That's a promise I am not going to break. I am taking you with me to Italy. You will meet my parents. We will clear the air and you will be mine."

Anna struggled to get out of his grip " I will never be yours. I don't want to join your criminal family. Go find yourself another girl."

Arturo spoke " No other girl is you. My deadline is coming. My father has given me an ultimatum to marry a woman in the next three months or he will force me into an arranged marriage with Amaranta Voltolini. She is alright. But she is not you. My father doesn't care who's blood runs in the veins of my children. He couldn't care less if its Voltolini blood or Rosario blood mixed with mine. He just wants a bride. He has delayed my initiation  ceremony as the head of the Agostini family that should have taken place ages ago. This is it. I am not marrying anyone but you."

Anna narrowed her eyes " So you only want me so you can meet a lousy deadline. Go to hell."

Arturo looked hurt " What? How did you get that idea? I am just saying that my father would force me to marry Amaranta if I don't bring home a bride in the next three months. I would give you as much time as you need. But my father is not as patient as me. I only love you. I want you."

Anna spoke " Meet your deadline with someone else then." She then surprised Arturo by kicking him in the stomach making him groan as he let go of her arm. She then noticed the dark look in Arturo's eyes.

Anna then looked around and saw no sign of Antonio and Costanzo so she decided in a split second to run away. She ran to no where in particular as she shouted " Oops. I think I kicked you abit lower down than I should have. Sorry." She kept running until she reached the tress next to the compound lake that made her hidden from sight. She leaned against a tree and took deep breaths hoping Arturo didn't follow her. She needed to think clearly.