Chapter 4

Fadil

"Yes, call Mr O'Brien and ask him about the TVC we had discussed last week."

"Right. What about meeting with Ms Flynn on the social media campaign" Tom suggested

"Oh yes. Set up a meeting with her and also after lunch, bring me the copy of the brief on it. And I am going out to lunch with Saad. If you get any calls or anything just let them leave a message ok?" I stated to my personal assistant Tom.

"Sure boss. Enjoy your lunch."

I picked up my blazer from the office chair, shrugging into it as I moved out of my office room. I nodded in greeting at few co-workers and headed to Saad's office. Saad was not only my business partner but also my best friend. We had been neighbours for as long as I remember. We practically grew in each other's homes. Although he was older than me. He was Fahd's age meaning three years older than me but he was closer to me than anyone. He was more of a big brother to me than Fahd ever was.

I knocked on Saad's office door. He opened immediately and was grinning. "Salam brother."

"Walaikum salaam. Ready for the lunch?"

"Sure let me just get my phone." he grabbed his phone and pocketed.

He seemed different today. A constant smile on his face.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"I will tell u when we get to lunch."

We walked to the elevator and started discussing work.

"You know I think our social media campaign for Creamier Yogurt was a hit" I started telling him.

"Really did u get the figures?"

"No but..." we continued to discuss business as we strolled down the street at a small distance to the nearby cafe.

I loved coming to this cafe. It had a very comforting ambience to it. It was very airy and sunlight penetrated through the large windows. The aroma of coffee and food hit us when we entered the cafe. There were colourful abstract tables and chairs set up. The food counter was displayed with different dessert assortments. There was also salad bar section for people on the go. The 'Today's special' was always written on the giant blackboard that was hung on the wall behind the food counter. We took our seats on a corner table which was also our usual table.

"What will you have boys? The usual?" asked Joan with a notepad in her hand.

I replied, "yes the same Joan thanks."

Saad had different ideas. "I will have the Vegetarian Couscous, Cappuccino with a slice of banoffee pie"

"Aren't we indulging in sweets today?" I remarked.

"It's celebration that's why."

"So what's the real deal? Why the happy face?"

"I am getting married," he grinned

"Mashaa Allah man". I stood up and gave him a man hug slapping his back.

"So its looks like Sana finally accepted the proposal," I stated as I got settled into my chair.

"Yes, Alhumdulilah she did" he was smiling from ear to ear.

Mashaa Allah he was genuinely happy. I had never seen a guy so persistent to get married with a girl. He had been after Sana for last one year. The first time he saw her at a common friends place he had been obsessed with her. Soon he had forced his mother to go and ask her hand in marriage which apparently Sana had declined. But he was very stubborn and did not give up. He continued to persuade her and her parents until finally now she agreed.