Final Author Note

Assalam u alaikum warahamatullahi wabarakatuhu,

All praises are for Allah the Lord of the Worlds.

I would like to thank all my readers for reading Finding You. It had taken exactly seven months to write this book.

A book that I tried my best to show reality.

A book that I had put all my efforts in pointing out the social taboo issues. The main issues I had focused on was alcoholism, physical, emotional and physical abuse. I hope I was able to convey my message well. It is important that we should not keep quiet when if we are being treated badly. It is important we fight for our right whether that means to stop the abuse or work towards finding a solution. In this age, where so much bad is happening around us, young people should have the awareness of what is right and wrong in any relationship and above all they should know their rights.

Islam teaches us that we should fight against any kind of evil action. Abuse is an evil action.

According to a saheeh hadeeth, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; and if he cannot, then with his heart [by at least hating it and believing that it is wrong], and that is the weakest of faith." Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh.

Ramlah was able to stop the abuse whether emotional abuse by her mother in law or the sexual abuse by Fahd by her tongue.

There are times in life, we are tested. Each one of us are given trials that we face on our daily lives. Allah has mentioned this in the Quran:

Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: 'We believe,' and will not be tested.

And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allaah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allaah knows all that before putting them to test)"

[al-'Ankaboot 29:2-3]

At such times, we need to remain patient because Allah is with the patient ones.

And obey Allah and His Messenger; and fall into no disputes, lest you lose heart and your resolve weaken; and be patient and persevering: For Allah is with those who patiently persevere. (Al-Anfal, 46)

The most important message in this book was that being patient eventually does lead to easier times. The Quran clearly states after hardship comes ease and I have seen this many times in my life experienced by people around me. We should never lose hope and continue to believe in Allah, verily He alone can ease our troubles.

Lastly, I would like to say is perhaps without my readers I would have not completed this book. You as a reader were my biggest encouragement knowing there were countless people out there waiting for an update made me sit on my laptop and continued to type despite of my kids annoying me or my hectic daily life.

May Allah bless you all with the best of this world and the next. Ameen

Inshaa Allah I hope to interact with all of you, especially those who have continuous to vote and comment in upcoming books.

Now with the Sunnah of closing one's speech or book, I complete this book:

Subhanakallahumma wa bihamdika, ash hadu anlaa ilaaha illa anta, astaghfiruka wa atoobu ilaik.

"How perfect You are O Allaah, and I praise You. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You. I seek Your forgiveness and turn to You in repentance"