Chapter 3 - Job Life

Another stressing day at work. Gladly, I did not overslept and did not face Jaeyeol's adorable way of waking me up.

With a sigh escaping my lips, I got out from the cab and went out with my bag.

I greeted my co-workers as I made my way to my office.

Yep, I have my own office. And I'm currently trying my best to get promoted. Because I wanted to get the position so bad and also, my salary would get higher if I earn a promotion.

At my office table all I do is view contracts, have my boss sign the contract, remind and attend meetings and of course, bringing coffee to my boss.

That's my never ending cycle.

And yes, I am a secretary. My position is not permanent and only for the meantime because our president's son is new to the company and I was appointed by his father to guide him and tell him the way things work in every department.

Fortunately, I have a nice boss and he lets me off sometimes. And I'm very thankful for this company because the moment I stepped on Korea, they offered me a job. I was a fresh graduate from college when I returned back here. Everything was so hard back then and now, I know the way things are going here in our company.

To be honest, I have a lot of part-time jobs.

And that explains why I rarely have time with my son. You see, I'm a hardworking person. I do various jobs because I know that it's worth my sweat and time. Doing different jobs can also make me exhausted and encounter overfatigue. I'm doing fine now, by the way.

But what can I do? I'm doing all of these for my baby. Besides, during those 3 years that I did a lot of job, I earned a lot of dough and had a nice house. I even have a car.

I guess hard work really pays off.

"Jiyeon is here!" my co-worker, Minkyung exclaims as I step inside the room. "Hey Jiyeon!" "Morning Jiyeonnie!" -my co-workers.

"Hey guys," I greeted back with a smile.

"Hey, Jiyeon, have you already sent the e-mail to Mr. Nam?" Minkyung asked. "Yes, I sent him the file this weekend. Why do you ask?"

"Oh nothing, I was just wondering how you finished your paperworks and sent files to Mr. Nam in just two days." she said. "I worked all night at my house."

"Please don't tell me you had your part-time job too." she asks hopefully. "Nope, I didn't do any part time jobs." I told her. My statement made her sigh in relief. I wonder why. "Good! I was worried because you multitask a lot and I'm worried about your health." she said. "Aww. Thank you for the concern, but I am fine, okay?" I chuckled.

"Are you kidding us, Gu Minkyung? That woman beside you is Ms. Kang Jiyeon. She is one of the amazing woman that we have met!" exclaimed one of my fellow workers, Jiyoo. "Aish. Stop it, Jiyoo!" I told her and they chuckled in response.

"Guys! Kim Junior is coming!"

"Okay guys! Let's do our best today! Fighting!" I grinned and went inside my office. With a big smile on my face, I put my bag down and fixed my table. Afterwards, I made my way to Myungoo's office, Mr. Kim's son who is also dubbed as 'Kim Junior' by my co-workers.

"Good morning, Mr. Myungsoo." I greeted and placed a coffee on his table. "Good morning, Ms. Kang." he smiles back. Myungsoo is a such a handsome young man. Almost every girl at our company is head over heels for him. "What's my schedule for today?" he asked as he takes a sip from his coffee. "Well, you have an appointment with your father and the Cho corporation before lunch. Also, you have contracts to read and sign and files to review. That's all, I guess..."