Chapter 8 - Gorgeous

This chapter is dedicated to aliyyakyaa eonni :D Eonni~! I miss you. I'm sorry I still haven't updated Miss Right :( Anyways, I hope you can also read this story for the meantime. 

*~*~*~*

"Jiyeon,"

"Myungsoo, please. I'll do anything to make them accept our proposal but I can't do what they want from us." I breathed and slumped on my chair. Gosh, this is too difficult. Why would they even ask me, as in, me to do such thing? It's been a while since I did something like it. Argh. This is so hard. I can't decide. I cannot make up my mind.

"I don't see anything wrong with their conditions, but Ms. Kang, I'm not forcing you do it because I know you don't want to. I'll give you time to decide. If you say no, I'll call Mr. Xiao and tell him that we decline, okay?" Myungsoo gave me a small smile before leaving my office. He's really nice and sweet. But damn, XiaoLing Corp must be out of their minds! Their condition is quite scary. If I accept their terms, I'll be exposed and I'll get a raise. Boy, I'll be paid with a great fine for it plus, there will be a possibility that our company's sales will increase and so as our investors. XiaoLing Corp is well-known in the business world but their manager must be mad. If I disagree, my cover is safe but, the company will lose its chance to attract new investors. 

Who knew that I'll be the reason for the company's downfall and way to success.

Why is it me anyways?

I sat straight and blank while I elaborate all of our tactics and strategies to Mr. Xiao and Ms. Bu, who seems to be the marketing manager. Truthfully speaking, Mr. Myungsoo is supposed to be explaining the proposal and attend this short meeting alone. He made me come with him because he said that this meeting is very important and I should be the one to explain the proposal because he believes in me. Very reasonable, huh? Fortunately, this isn't my first time to attend such meeting with a proposal in hand. 

You see, our company sells shampoo, soap and other products and so does the XiaoLing Corp. We need them to invest in our company so our rate and sales would increase. They have a high position in the Business World. They are positioned at the Top 11 while ChoKim Corp is only at Top 17. Having them as our investor would really help our company.

"That was quite a proposal, Ms. Kang. But I need to have a word with our marketing manager for a moment. Excuse us,"

Myungsoo turned at me and held my arms,  "That was really great, Ms. Jiyeon. " he smiled and sat back down. That was nerve-wrecking to be honest. "My father told me to watch out for Ms. Bu. He said that she has a complicated mind. Base on my research, she is clever with Marketing  techniques and strategies."

Okay? 

I sighed and sat down in front of him. I don't want to screw things up.

I wonder how Jaeyeol is doing with Minkyung. I hope he's having fun with her. 

Soon enough, Mr. Xiao and Ms. Bu enters the room. My heart pounded as they both returned to their seats while Ms. Bu has a smirk plastered on her face. Oh gosh. I hope this will turn out for the best.

"The proposal was very impressive. Both of us are impressed, but..." Mr. X trails off.

But? 

"I'm sorry but we're not interested in investing in your company."

My eyes widened and my hands balled into a fist. Don't tell me they declined..