Chapter 18 - The Park Family

I never thought this day would come. The day I'd meet the Park family again. It's been a long time since I saw them. Chanyeol told me that his mom has been waiting to meet me again and especially Jaeyeol, their first grandchild. We decided to visit them as soon as possible which was two days after Baekhyun and Chanyeol stayed at our house overnight. EXO's comeback is nearing si Chanyeol had to do what he has to do before the comeback occurs. And I agreed to meet his family again. I mean, Jaeyeol needs to meet then sooner or later.

I woke up earlier and prepared myself very well. I don't know why I'm doing this, to be honest. As usual, I did my morning rituals after waking up and prepared breakfast for Eunji, Jaeyeol and I.

And of course, after I got up Jaeyeol also woke up. He feels it when I'm out of bed. My son already knows how to do his morning rituals by himself so I don't have to assist him when he wakes up.

Does he still drink milk in a bottle?

Yes, he still does. But he only drinks his milk in a bottle when he has to sleep. He's four but he acts like a ten year old boy.

"Ohayou gozaimasu, mama!" I blinked after hearing Jaeyeol. "Baby, since when you were speaking Japanese?" He's hanging out with EXO members on FaceTime too often. Maybe that's why he learned to greet in Japanese. He loved to learn new things especially from EXO. Jae would always talk to them on FaceTime for hours. Chanyeol doesn't seem to be bothered by that fact. Not even one bit.

"Anyways, have a seat now, baby so you could eat your bacon and eggs. Are you excited to meet daddy's family?" I asked, placing his plate in front of him. I took a seat beside him and watched him eat his breakfast. "Yes, I'm really excited! Are they good, mommy?" 

"They are really kind, baby. They've been good to me when Chanyeol and I were still together..." I smiled, reminiscing the moments I shared with Chanyeol's family. They treated me like their own daughter. Chanyeol's mother was so lovely and made sure I am comfortable whenever I stay at their house. Chanyeol's sister is really pretty in person; she's a hard-worker too. Chan's father on the other hand is really kind. They were my family when I was living alone here in South Korea.

I had finished eating my breakfast already a while ago so I was observing Jaeyeol while he was eating his bacon and eggs. He pouted all of a sudden as if remembering something sour. He asked me, "Mommy, why are you and Daddy not together?"

My lips parted slightly and I knew that Jaeyeol would be curious about it. Chanyeol and I have never been intimate. It will be awkward if that happens all of a sudden. We're exes and it's really hard to admit that there are times that we'd feel slightly uncomfortable with each other. Especially me and him didn't end on good terms. I left South Korea with a bad memory to remember on and it was Chanyeol's own doing.

That's why I feel so uncomfortable when he's around, because honestly, the past would pop into my mind from time to time and I can't get the image away from my thoughts.

I've moved on already but why does it still appear suddenly and hurt me unexpectedly?

I heaved a sigh and wore a smile, "Jae, baby, your daddy and I... We are not like your aunt Eunji and uncle Dongwoon. We're not together and we are just friends. I know that you really want us to be together but I'm afraid that you won't understand why we can't be together. You are too young, baby. You'll understand when you get older." I assured him with a kiss on his forehead.

"You and Daddy are only friends?" He asked. I chuckled, ruffling his  hair, "Yes, baby."

After Jaeyeol finished eating, I washed the dishes and had Jaeyeol proceed to the bathroom because I was going to give him a bath. Chanyeol will pick us up at exactly 10 so we needed to get ready.