Chapter 25 - Moving On

The trailer above is brought to you by: @ByunSeol101  😂👏 this chapter is also dedicated to her. 💓 Labyu Tin. 😂✌

******

3 whole years have passed in a blink of an eye and a lot of things happened in my life. 3 years of devastation and completing the process of moving on. It's been 3 years since I've last contacted my father. After my mom and I went back home in Seoul, I made sure to cut all of my ties with him. I didn't want to bother his world anymore. He's happy living with his 'real' wife.

Maybe going to Canada wasn't a bad idea after all.

All these years of ignoring my relative in Canada, will soon end.

Today is the day I visit them face-to-face. It's been long time since I last saw them especially JinHwan. Oh boy. I wonder how that young man is doing now...

Myungsoo and I finished the meeting and everything necessary within two days. It was a piece of cake, I must say and the investors weren't hard to please, actually. They were highly impressed with out tactics and our mission was complete. ChoXiang opened a branch in Canada and then we attracted an investor immediately. How cool is that?

And yeah, right after we did everything that we had to, Myungsoo headed back to Seoul. I told him that I was going to visit my father and I'll be home within a few days more. I still have another place to visit.

Myungsoo totally respected my decision and flew back to Seoul alone.

Oh and yes, I made sure to call Jaeyeol a lot through Mama Park's phone since Chanyeol was back to business with being an EXO member. I'd text him from time to time and asked him if he had eaten already and such. I'm glad that despite the horrible and terrible past we had, we were still able to start anew. Even though, I'd still be uncomfortable sometimes, I'd still talk to Chanyeol.

Our breakup?

It was still on my mind and it never left.

It never left my mind as if it was going to be stuck inside of it forever. I was still curious about why, what, when and how. Now that I am in Canada, I can finally have some answers that I have been desiring to know since then.

Like, why would my father threaten Chanyeol?

Why did he talk to Chanyeol and not me?

Since I have no clues about their whereabouts, I personally went to the building where his company is located. I asked the receptionist about some details and told him that I was his daughter but he refused to believe. The receptionist almost had me arrested by bodyguards. Good thing, my father's secretary saw me while she was about to exit. She explained everything to the receptionist and claimed that he was just new at the company.

I sighed in relief when I finally came to talk to my father's secretary. I asked her everything of their whereabouts since I wasn't sure where they lived anymore. JinHwan's contact number was already changed since last year said by the Secretary. After getting some details from her, I went on my way but I did not forget to thank her.

My assumptions were right, they did move somewhere else. I heard that father's company went well, so they might be living into a bigger house now. Knowing a bit about father's wife, she want everything perfect and beautiful.

I hailed a taxi and went to the address his secretary gave me.

When the taxi was a few blocks away, I already noticed the house being huge. I don't think the word 'house' would fit the description of the shelter. It was a mansion rather.