Chapter 22 - Behind The Breakup

Please read the Author's note below. THANK YOU.

*~*~*~*

"I need to talk to you."

I stood still on my position as I look at Kim Yejin infront of me. The girl who destroyed my heart. The girl who took Chanyeol. She was here, standing in front of me with a sweet smile. A smile like that is dangerous when it comes to girls that you don't get along with. Yejin and I? We never talked when I became a trainee. We'd only speak to one another when it's something important.

But seeing her here, wishing to speak with me; that is quite odd.

"Have a seat then," I told Eunji to give us something refreshing to drink. Yejin and I sat on the couch. She was pressing her lips into a thin line, probably biting both her upper and lower lip. "What is it, Kim Yejin-ssi?" I asked formally. We're not close. I don't think that we're friends either. Formalities and honorifics are important to use when a person you're currently talking to is not a friend.

She chuckled nervously, "Please just call me Yejin. Anyways, I've come here to deliver nothing but the truth."

The truth?

What on earth is she talking about?

"What do you mean?" I asked. "I've come here to tell you the truth about me and Chanyeol." She told me. I raised both of my eyebrows, surprised at her reply. What sort of truth is she talking about? "Look, Jiyeon, there are some things that you don't understand fully. I'm here to tell you the truth about me and Chanyeol..."

"The thing is, Chanyeol and I never dated,"

My left eyebrow raised while the other eye was wide open. What is this girl saying? That's nothing important. "O-okay...? But the EXO-Ls said that you two dated."

She laughed.

I looked at her weirdly. Did I even say something funny to have her laughing like that?

"What's so funny, Yejin-ssi?" I asked. After she finished laughing she looked at me straight in the eye. She sighed and finally spoke calmly. "Oh my gosh, did you actually believe that crap?" She chuckled for a bit, still finding that a bit funny I guess.

"Chanyeol and I never dated, Jiyeon. The EXO-Ls assumed that I was his girlfriend during his pre-debut days since they'd catch us together walking to the bus station. That was it." Yejin explains.

"B-but--"

"You can ask his family if we dated so you could be sure."

"Listen, Jiyeon, I'm here to clarify the past and tell you everything truthfully. Because to be honest, I could still see the sparks when you two are together. Even if you keep denying that you both have moved on, I will never be convinced. Chanyeol and you... you had a great chemistry together. That's why I was so envious of you to have him back in our trainee days. Now, be quiet and let me finish my story so you'd finally know why you saw us two kissing that night."

My brain stopped functioning the moment she mentioned it. Yejin was talking about the night I caught them cheating with my own eyes. I was broken and ruined but hearing her saying about that casually made me frown. What is even the purpose of her explaining about that night? Nothing will be changed anyways.

"You saw us making out in an alley, right?" She asked and I nodded. "Did you think that Chanyeol was drunk that time?"

"Of course. He was drunk that time." I furrowed both my eyebrows.

"Eh!? Did it not come to your mind that Chanyeol has a high alcohol tolerance? He wasn't drunk that time. He was already sober."

What.