Chapter 29 - Deep Conversations

Happy Birthday to our dear Chanyeol. Hope you find your  'Kang Jiyeon' soon. ;) -Pat xx
Enjoy the chapter, lovelies. :*

***

"Chanyeol?" 

He looked at me. A shocked expression painted throughout his face. He blinked his eyes a few times before words finally came out from his mouth. 

"J-jiyeon..." He mutters under his breath. 

"What are you doing out here, Chanyeol?" I asked and stood beside him, enjoying the cool breeze. "I-i... I can't sleep." He replied, his gaze now diverting to the ocean. "That's odd." I shrugged and crossed my arms.

"W-what about you?" he asked.

"I-i..." I'm not going to tell him yet. I don't want to burden him again..I'll let him know, but not right now.
We both stayed just like that. The soft waves of the ocean and the cool breeze that came from the sea made the atmosphere less awkward.

I stood idly beside the man whom I loved for years.

He surpised me suddenly when he spoke.

"C-can you tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"Everything. From the very start of five years ago. I-i want to know."

I didn't know what to tell him. He was asking if he I can tell everything that happened. And I can't. I can't. I really can't.

"Please? I'm dying to know since you returned..."

He opened his mouth again, "October 27, 2011 is the twins' birthday, right? And you're staying at Canada that time... When did you found out about your pregnancy?"

"I just knew when I was already 11 weeks pregnant. I collapsed at school and when I woke up, the doctor told me what's up. I didn't really know what I would really feel..should I be happy because a miracle is resting inside my tummy or should I get scared because our relationship was already torn apart and I don't know if I should tell you," I continued, "I told my mom first. She didn't get mad at me. She was worried about my condition because I was always stressed at school. That's when she told me to quit studying."

"I can't imagine myself qutting because I already promised my mom that I'll finish my studies. I was near to graduating that time, so I told my mom that I won't. While she was ill, I stayed at the hospital to tend her."

"Didn't you get tired?" Chanyeol asked.

"Not at all, Chanyeol." I smiled.

"How did your dad know?"

I froze as I remember that day.

"He kicked us out after he knew about my pregnancy. I was a disgrace to my family--- he tells me. So my mom and I had to move out. We stayed at mom's friend's for a while until I gave birth." I sighed and continued my story.

"I still persisted on my studies while dealing with my pregnancy. The best news is, I graduated. October 25, when I experienced mild contractions. I was confined. Gosh. Everything feels as if it was only yesterday. I can't believe it."

"October 27 came and I finally gave birth to my twins. It was painful---"

"You went into a normal delivery!?" He exclaimed. I nodded, my gaze averted to the ground. "Y-you... survived that?"

"It was really painful but every bit of pain vanished when I saw Jaerim and Jaeyeol. Hearing them cry and putting them both in my arms--- I couldn't be more happier than that."