Chapter 13 - Not Anymore

"I need to see her," With that, I promptly left the dorm. I could not care less if we still have a next schedule. What matters to me is Jiyeon and that kid, Jaeyeol. I need to find the answers right now. I want to see them both for myself and answer the biggest question that is circling my brain. It's like now or never. Rumors have been spreading between me and the incident that happened at the mall a week ago. I'm certain that anytime soon, SM will know what was going on. Nothing gets past our company, not even one rumor.

Kyungsoo.

He's the reason why I am here, driving along the highway. Kyungsoo told me where she is currently staying with Jaeyeol. He didn't feed my curiosity, but he did provide a big information about her.

Jaeyeol is indeed her son.

I got so restless whilst hearing those words. Jaeyeol might be mine. Jaeyeol might be my son. All these questions and puzzles, I must solve them all immediately. My own curiosity is killing me.

I made a turn somewhere in Yongsan-dong. That is where she resides with her son and Eunji. I want to confront her about everything. Right now.

I pulled up the car just a few meters away from her house. Another car pulled in front of her house and I already knew that it was Jiyeon. She wasn't still getting out from her car. I took a deep breath and went out without any disguise. As if on cue, she went out too but she didn't saw me walking towards her direction. After she got something from her car, she looked at me with a horrified expression. Her eyes widened in shock and her lips slightly parted. The paper bag that she was holding was dropped on the ground. I stared back at her emotionless and idle.

"We need to talk." I spoke. I saw her gulp before she runs inside. The moment that we both stepped inside her house, she immediately locked the door and closed the windows. "Why have you come?" she whispered. "Is Jaeyeol my son?" I asked. She blinked her eyes a couple of times before looking down. "Chanyeol, please..."

"He is mine, right?"

"Yes, he is your son! So what?!" she yells while she dramatically raises her arms. "Why would you hide him from his own father?" I raised my tone a little bit higher than before. I was getting furious. "You would not understand, Chanyeol! Now that you already know, you are free to leave." she said coldly. "I'm not leaving until I see my son again, Ji." I told her. There is no way I'm letting this day pass without seeing my own son. Yeah, I have seen him thrice. But that is not clearly enough! I am his father. I have rights upon my child. My own child.

"Give me 10 days." she bit her lip. "I can't wait that much longer, Jiyeon." I shook my head. "5 days." Jiyeon said and shut her eyes tightly before opening them. "I will call you within 5 days. I'll get your number from Kyungsoo's phone." Then, I left. I still have tons of questions, but the important thing is, I already confirmed that I am Jaeyeol's father. I don't know what exactly I should feel as of this moment. It was so awkward having to see Jiyeon again. Seeing her, reminds me of the past. Our past.

It made me remember all the horrible things I have done to her. The pain and guilt haunts me. I slumped on the car seat and thought about Jaeyeol. So that's why I felt so at ease when he was in my arm during the fansigning. The hug felt so right.

My phone rang loudly, snapping me out from my thoughts.

"Get to SM building immediately. Mr. Lee Soo Man and Mr. Kim Youngmin seeks for your presence. I suddenly gulped whilst I hear the names of our boss. The rumor must have reached them already. If I confirm the rumor to them, there'd be no way that they will deny it. Such articles on the internet has already spread. Even the popular websites like Allkpopnews and Koreaboomi.