Chapter 19 - Breakups and Confessions

WARNING. It contains different feels. Explicit content ahead. Read at your own risk.

Happy Reading! ;)

*~*~*~*

Jaeyeol and I are heading to Park's Residence to visit Chanyeol's mother. She texted me this morning and invited us to have lunch at their house since their restaurant is closed today. After hearing about his Grandmother's invitation, Jaeyeol made me drive right after we ate breakfast. He was really enchanted after meeting his grandparents on his father's side. Jaeyeol get really excited now whenever I mention his grandparents aka Chanyeol's mom and dad. It's just that my parents aren't around anymore and Jaeyeol is really lonely.

My mom died already while my father is still at Canada. He's still with his second wife and my stepbrother. My mother already died almost three years ago. Jaeyeol was really sad that time because my mom took extra care of my baby even when she was ill. She played with him, taught him how to count and taught him English.

"Mommy, are we there yet?" Jaeyeol asks from the backseat. I glanced at the rear-view mirror and saw him looking outside the car's window. He's really excited to see Chanyeol's mother and father again. Jaeyeol seemed to have grown fond over his grandparents easily. That's a good thing, I guess. Chanyeol's parents enjoyed spending time with Jaeyeol last time. They even gave Jaeyeol a gift which was a cute shirt and a set of toy cars.

"We're almost there, honey." I replied, smiling as I continue to drive. The Park's residence is a bit far from our house but without traffic, we can easily get there within half an hour. I've been driving for a while now and VivaPolo is right around the corner. But we ain't going there. We're going to a private villa where Chanyeol's family resides. It's where Chanyeol's mother had texted me to go to.

I made our way inside the subdivision and drove to find Chanyeol's family's house. I honked my car, twice to inform them of our presence. Soon enough, Eommo-nim opened their gate and let our car inside. Jaeyeol was overjoyed and waved at her grandmother whilst still being in his seat. "Baby, remove your seat belt now. I'm going to open the door." I grabbed my purse and opened Jaeyeol's door before greeting Chanyeol's mother.

"Granma!" Jaeyeol exclaimed as soon as he got out from the car, running into his grandmother's arms. "Omo. I missed you, my grandchild!" I hear her say, hugging Jaeyeol tight. I smiled and hugged her, "Good morning, eommo-nim. It's nice to see you again.". She gave me a heartfelt smile and hugged me back. "Let's go inside now, shall we? Come," We went inside their house. It was really spic and span. Not a spec of dust can be detected. "Grandma, where is Granpa?" Jaeyeol asked, sitting on the sofa. "He is at Viva Polo, Jae."

"Huh? I thought the restaurant is closed today, Mama Park."

She sighed, "We were supposed to close it today but there were people waiting outside the restaurant, so we had to open up the shop."

"Ah, is that so? Well then, can we go with you and help out at the restaurant?" I smiled, helping her put some fresh vegetables on a big Tupperware. "Can I help too? I want to help!" Jaeyeol and while jumping. Mama Park chuckled and carried Jaeyeol in her arms. "What are you going to do there then?"

"I will hand them spoons and forks!" Jaeyeol exclaimed.

"That sounds like a good idea, Jae. But first, you must help us get these vegetables on this big container, okay?"

Jaeyeol nodded promptly and helped me put the food inside a big container. The restaurant must be crowded today to make the restaurant open up. Well, Viva Polo is indeed famous for delicious food and people also come for Chanyeol. I heard that Viva Polo is always teeming with people.