Chapter 34 - Needs

Today is going to be a great day.

I woke up to Jiyeon's sleeping state. She looked beautiful as a flower. She was snuggling to my chest. We both fell asleep on the couch last night. Nothing happened, actually. It was just a cuddling session and we talked about a lot of things.

After feeling her wake up, I closed my eyes again. Having Jiyeon in my arms is all I could ask for.

I felt her move once, no, twice.

"I know that I am handsome so stop staring." I said with my eyes closed.

"W-what?" The way she stutters is so cute.

"Good morning, babe." I smiled and looked down at her. Her head was still on my chest. She didn't look at me as she just kept on blinking her eyes.

I guess the best things in life are really free.

Like waking up next to the person you love with all your heart and soul.

Having the love of your life in your arms has indeed a fascinating feeling.

Closing my eyes, I hugged her tight and felt her snuggling on my chest. "I'm cooking breakfast. What do you want to eat?" She asked. I opened my eyes and stared at her orbs. "You."

"Can I eat you instead?" I smirked.

"Heol. How can you say that early in the morning ha?"

I kissed her forehead and her nose. She squealed cutely and covered her face. How can this woman make my heart crazy just like that?

"Feed me."

"Yah you are not a child for me to feed." She giggled.

"Like I said, I am your baby as well. Did you forget that?"

She gave me a peck on the lips and smiled radiantly like a goddess. I can't believe how beautiful this woman looks wearing only pajamas and a sweet smile.

"I have a better idea."

I pinned her down and held her wrists beside her head. As I was laying on top of her, I noticed how flushed she looks with her face burning in crimson. "Chanyeol, w-what are you doi-"

I slowly leaned in until our noses were nearly colliding...

"Don't kiss me fully! I haven't brushed my teeth!" She said with her hand covering her mouth. "Do you think I care? Remove your hand, baby so I can give you a proper 'Good morning' kiss."

"No!"

Laughing, I ended up kissing her neck instead. "You are adorable."

"Ugh. Can you please get off of me now? I have to cook breakfast."

I could eat her for breakfast.

That would've been more satisfying.

I am kidding.

I sat up on the sofa and let her rise.

A thought suddenly came back rushing in. Oh my gosh I forgot about the pact I made with my son! Goodness, Chanyeol!

"I suddenly remembered I promised Jaeyeol to take him to Lotte World..." I said as I followed my girlfriend in the kitchen. "I was taken aback with your sudden promise, Chanyeol. Do you think we can go safely?"

"I think we could. I could call our managers and mom if you'd like so they can accompany us."

A sigh escaped her lips, "When can we ever go out by ourselves?"

"Aww, honey," I frowned and cupped her cheeks. "We can do that, but now isn't the right time."

"I know. I just wish we could go out normally as a family."

"I want that too, baby. Don't frown, oh? I'll check our son if he's already up."

Sasaengs and Anti-fans. When will they ever stop? Some of my fans are turning into Jiyeon haters too. I don't know if I should feel angry to my fans or to myself. My fans... When will they realize that their way of thinking also affects how we live and how we interact with other people.

There are some fans who understand and I thank God for their maturity.

I wish these people who call themselves as "my fan" will realize that they are already ring with my personal life too much that I feel so suffocated.

My family is affected and so are my friends.

When will this ever end?

As I go inside our bedroom, I saw our Jaeyeol sleeping in the middle of the bed. I felt bad that Jiyeon and I slept downstairs. Jaeyeol must've felt lonely.

I sat beside Jaeyeol and examined his features.

He really looks like me.

My son is precious. I don't know what I'll do if something bad happens to him. He's a part of me now. His needs come first before mine now.

I don't care about me that much anymore. If my son is safe and happy, I am happy too.

No parent wants their child to live with a threat of being kidnapped.

I will do everything so I could give you a better life with your Mommy, son.

"Daddy?"

"Hey, buddy? It's morning already."

"Good morning, daddy. Did you sleep well?"

He even talks well for his age. "Of course I did. How about you, son?"

"I am okay." He smiled. "Shall we start our morning now, son?"

"Let's goooo!" He grinned and raised one arm like superman.

I carried him to my arms. Boy he has gotten heavier. That's a good sign. It means he is healthy right?

We went to the bathroom and started brushing our teeth. He knows how to take care of his teeth as well.

"Do you want to go to Lotte World today, Jae?" I asked and started applying toothpaste on his toothbrush. "I want to be with grandpa today, daddy." He told me.

"Oh you want to be with grandma and grandpa today? Are you going to play with him?"

He nodded as he was brushing his teeth. Wow. Did he just reject my offer to go to Lotte World? My kid's awesome. I guess he loves his grandparents that much.

"Okay, we'll drop you off to their house later." I said before brushing my teeth.

***

"Good morning, mommy!"

"Good morning, baby!"

"What's for breakfast?" I asked and settled down with Jaeyeol.

"Bacon, pancakes and I have kimchi rice for you, Chanyeol." She smiled and placed our food in front of us.

"Thanks, babe." I winked and started eating the food she prepared.

It feels so great to eat with people close to my heart. Now I know what it actually feels like when you eat together with your family.

Family.

They are now my family.

I have my son.

And I have the lady whom I want to spend the rest of my life here with me.

Simply perfect.