Chapter 16 - Snap

After my visit at Yongsan, things got awkward than usual. Whenever I visit, there is this barrier between me and Jiyeon that I simply can't break. The atmosphere seems to be getting thick every time Jiyeon and I would find ourselves alone. We don't actually speak to each other unless one if us have something important to say. I really don't like the way things are going for me and her.

Our schedules are all packed once again as we prepare for a new comeback. Being busy with practice gets me so frustrated. I can't have time to visit Jaeyeol again. EXO is busy with music video shooting and recording. Not to mention, we have to practice for our upcoming tour.

"Have you guys seen Kyungsoo?" Our manager asked. "No, not really, hyung. I thought he asked permission to go out." Kai replied. I wonder where Kyungsoo is. After our practice, he just disappeared and our members said that he went out. "Oh, right. He did talk to Dalyoung a while ago."

I scooted away from my members and called Jiyeon's account on FaceTime. After a few seconds, my call was accepted and Jaeyeol was on my phone screen. A big smile was sketched on my face as I greet him. "Daddy Yeol! Hello!" He greeted excitedly, waving to the camera. "Hi, Jae. How have you been?" I asked. It seems that my tiredness faded away at the sight of Jaeyeol's smile. "I'm okay, appa. How about you? You look tired..."

"Yes Daddy is a bit tired from practice, but I'll be fine." I assured him with a smile. "Good!"

"Uh... Jae, where's your mommy?"

"She went out a while ago."

She went out a while ago.

...she went out.

"Jaeyeol-ah, annyeong!" Baekhyun pushes me aside and takes the camera alongside with Chen and Sehun. Whenever I FaceTime Jaeyeol, they would pop up from nowhere suddenly. Jaeyeol really enjoys talking to them so I let Baek and the others talk to him. They all wish to meet Jae and Jiyeon soon. Yes, they all know who Jiyeon is. They are all friends with her.

I walked away for a moment so they all can talk to my son. What Jaeyeol said made me curious all of a sudden.

What if Jiyeon and Kyungsoo went out together?

"It seems that they adore your son, Chanyeol." Suho said and sat beside me. "What can I do? Jaeyeol likes them too anyways," I chuckled.

"And how are things between you and Jiyeon?"

"We're okay, Suho. It's just that---" he cuts off my sentence and said, "It's just that both of you are uncomfortable with each other." I eyed him. "We ended on bad terms before she left." I told him truthfully.

"You never spoken of the truth between you two, Chanyeol. What exactly happened to your relationship?"

Since Jiyeon left, I was miserable. I know for myself that she'd hate me forever for I have done a terrible thing to her. Nobody knew the true reason why our relationship ended. Not Kyungsoo and not even Baekhyun. I've kept it as a secret for many years. Ruining our relationship was my deepest regret in my entire life. I felt like crap during those years. Still, I'm keeping mum over the situation that took place years ago. "It's a long story, Suho. Besides, I've moved on and I don't think I am ready yet to tell about our breakup."

"Stop insisting that you're over her. You look like you're still holding on, Chan. Will there be a possibility that you two will reconcile?" He asked. If only things were easier to say. A reconciliation is very much unlikely. It's impossible in other words. "Don't push it, hyung. Both of us had moved on already." I sighed and lied down the floor.

Meanwhile somewhere in Gangnam...

Two people are laughing and enjoying each other's company while having a cup of coffee.