Chapter 9 - It's Her

It's been a week since my photoshoot. Tomorrow would be the day XiaoLing and ChoKim will be signing a partnership together. There will be a press conference tomorrow night about it. My photos are already posted on billboards, train stations and I can even see one on a bus. XiaoLing must've paid a fine for it.

My co-workers kept on teasing me about the pictures. Gosh, I was so embarrassed. It's the first time that I was exposed like that. Especially my solo shots. They keep on teasing me about it. Jaeyeol and Eunji also saw it the other day when she and him went out. He said that my dress was too short. My son acts like a true gentleman when it comes to me. He acts like my boyfriend too, sometimes. Eunji, on the other hand, was astonished. She said I looked so sexy and curvy. God, I really don't like those words.

"Here comes our dazzling Marketing Manager in her simple yet amazing office outfit. Give her a round of applause everybody~!" Jungshin shouts as soon as I was on his sight. Everyone rode on his joke and clapped for me. These people really...

"Guys, stop teasing her," Minkyung chuckles and waves at me, "Morning, Jiyeon!"

"Good morning." I greet back with a smile and headed to my office.

Those co-workers of mine will never stop for sure.

Another day at the office and another day of paper works and e-mails. I will survive this day, hopefully.

I have been very busy for the past week even if it's already summer. Some employees were already on vacation. I chose not to because of what happened last week. I am busy with work and it disappoints me a lot. Jaeyeol is already on summer vacation and I can't even take a day off to spend more time with him. Even if I always see him at home, I miss him terribly and so is Eunji. I barely have time enough for the both of them. I want a rest day. I want to go on vacation. I really do. Things at work just pressured me a lot. Let's just think that all of this will all pay off. It's for my baby anyways.

"Miss, may I come in?"

"Myungsoo, hi..." I stood up and bowed. "I came to check up on my schedule since someone forgot to report to my office." Oh my. I completely forgot about that. I was supposed to drop by to his office every morning to state his schedules.

"Oh, gosh, I am so sorry, I forgot to drop by at your office."

"No, it's okay, Ji. I understand." Aish I'm so forgetful especially when I am stressed. I promptly opened my notebook and checked his schedule. Wait. Hold on. Did he just call me 'Ji'?

"Hey, since when did you have the privilege to nickname me?" I tease. He's my boss, I know. "I am your boss, I can call you anything," he smirked. "Whatever." I rolled my eyes and checked the note.

"It seems like you have a meeting later at 10 with the Hayashi Company, you have lunch with your father at 12 then, you have a suit fitting later at 2 PM." I said and looked at him. His finger was rubbing his chin while he looks down. "That reminds me about tomorrow night..." he muttered with a serious expression.

"Will you be my date for tomorrow night?" he blurts out. I froze and looked at him. Say what? "Date?" I gave him a puzzled look. "Ah, you weren't informed, huh? After the press conference, there will be a party celebrating the partnership of ChoKim and XiaoLing. A lot of investors are coming along with a date. Of course, as the vice president of this company, I need to have a date."

Why is it me again?

"Can't you go with your sister?" I asked. "My sister is not coming. She's still at Paris. And you don't have to tell me a lot of reasons why you can't come because specifically, I know that you don't want to go. As a matter of fact, you need to go because I need you there." that statement was quite long but indeed true. He now knows me well. I am not fond of attending business parties. Parties like those are filled with CEOs, Investors, Managers and Founders of such companies. Some of them are completely arrogant because of the success they have already reached. And I cannot stand those attributes.