Chapter 31 - Family is Us

"Babe, have you seen my shirt?"

"Yep, it's in the dryer, Chanyeol." I grinned. "You forgot to put an 'oppa' word there." Chanyeol yelled from upstairs. He is fixing himself as of the moment. EXO's concert will take place to other countries soon. But he'll be home for 14 days more. They'll be in America for a month, doing concerts and promoting. I'm glad that EXO is making a name for themselves in the West.

Jaeyeol is asleep right now, but he'll go to daycare later. Dongwoon will send him off to school today. I wanted to send Jaeyeol to daycare myself because I wanted to talk to his teachers too and see how he's been doing. But of course, Chanyeol disagreed. He doesn't want me to be out of the house for too long. It is a good thing that Dongwoon is not busy. It's a bit burdensome, too.

"What time does Jaeyeol arrive from daycare?" Chanyeol asked. "1 PM why?"

He starts to count with his fingers and thinks for a while. "Oh, we have 5 hours together!" He grins like a little kid. I scoffed as I try to hide my smile. Today is also my rest day so I'll be alone with Chanyeol today while we wait for Jaeyeol to come back.

Jaeyeol woke up at 7. Chanyeol gave him a bath while I managed his lunch box and his bag.

I was finished setting up the table for the three of us but still, Jaeyeol has not come out of the bathroom yet and so has Chanyeol. "What's taking them so long?" I muttered to myself.

Curious, I went to the bathroom.

Lo! The boys looked like they were having a photoshoot. Chanyeol was taking various pictures of Jaeyeol. He was having so much fun taking selcas with his child that he forgot the time.

"Mommy is here!" Jaeyeol exclaimed. I placed my hands on my hips saying, "Boys, what are you doing?"

"Taking selca with daddy!" Jaeyeol cheerfully said. "Good timing! Let's have a family selca!" Chanyeol chuckled. "Aigoo."

"Alright, smile everyone!" Chanyeol said and held the camera above us.

"Omo! I didn't notice Jaeyeol's hairstyle for today!" I exclaimed after taking selfies. Jaeyeol's hair was brushed off to the side and was looking incredibly adorable with his polo shirt and shorts. "Daddy did a great job making you look handsome, Jaeyeol-ah." I said and kissed his cheek. "Daddy deserves a reward for that, doesn't he Jaeyeol?"

"Of course! Kiss his cheek too mommy!" Jaeyeol was jumping up and down pointing at his father. Chanyeol was smirking as he leaned his cheek closer. I glared at his willfulness. I leaned in closer. As I was about to kiss his cheek, he turned his face over, causing our lips to meet.

What the heck this guy!

I smacked his arm before we went downstairs. Jaeyeol was so so happy about what happened.

At the dining table, Jaeyeol ate happily to what I cooked. Chanyeol couldn't stop grinning also. I'll kill him later after Jaeyeol leaves with Dongwoon.

Moments later, a honk was heard outside the house. Dongwoon was already here. I made sure Jaeyeol's bag was all set and his lunch box.

"Be good in school, okay? Make me proud." I said and kissed his forehead. "Now go and kiss your daddy goodbye." I told him. Our little ball of sunshine ran to his giant of a father. "See you later, buddy! Do good in school." Chanyeol patted his head.

I opened the door and waved at Dongwoon who was on the phone. He looks so happy. "Hurry Jaeyeol, Uncle Dongwoon is waiting for you."

"Bye mommy and daddy! I love you!" He shouted as he was running off to Dongwoon's car. "Bye baby!" I waved back. Chanyeol was behind me, watching Jaeyeol go. He had a grin painted all over his face.