Hopelessly Devoted - Sweet Summertime

Layla's POV

The rest of Spring Break went by quickly and summer showed up before we realized it. Which we were all thankful for. After all, summer vacation is the best time of the year, well except for maybe Christmas..

Anyways, It was May 24th and school had let out the day before. Hope and I were hanging out at Meme's with her and the boys. Meme was one of the few people who knew we dated them.

We had done our best to keep our relationships a secret from everyone. Our friends from school didn't know, our families didn't know. Only a handful of people were trusted with this information. Not because we were ashamed of it or anything, it's just once more people get involved, they can't seem to stay out of your business and besides, we knew people were going to talk about the age gap and I just didn't want to hear it. This is why we only allowed a few people to know. Bethany, the boys sister, knew. Brandon, obviously knew, along with Jason and Emmett, and Meme. She surprised us when she said she was okay with it. Her only condition was that she had to meet with them. She already knew who they were, after all it was a small town. She just wanted to make they knew the 'rules' as she put it. She shocked us again when she approved of them.

"Are you boys going to stay for supper tonight?" Meme asked from her recliner.

"Actually do you mind if we take the girls out tonight?" Bentley asked from his spot next to me.

"Where do y'all plan on going?" Meme asked.

"Out to eat and .. Is there anything in particular that you girls want to do." Brantley asked.

"Lets go skating!" I piped in. I always went skating at least once every summer and I that's what I really wanted to do that night.

"Skating?" Bentley asked a little unsure of the idea.

"Yes. Please!" I begged him. He must have seen how much I wanted to go, because he let out a sigh of defeat.

"Fine." He reluctantly agreed.

"Yes!" I said jumping up and running to the bedroom to put on presentable clothing. Hope followed me into the room.

"Bentley said to tell you, to make sure you wear a turtle neck and blue jeans." She said as giggling she dug through her bag. Most of you probably think she was joking. He actually did say it,

I rolled my eyes. Seriously? He worried way too much. I pulled on a pair of extremely short cut offs, just because I knew that he would hate it, and then I put on a Salt Life shirt and a pair of sandals. Hope had on a Browning shirt and pair of white jean shorts. Nothing too fancy, it was summer after all. Who dressed up during summer? Not us!

We left Meme's and drove to the boys favorite restaurant.

Hooters, of course!

"Y'all really want to go in here?" I asked as we got out of the truck.

"Why are you worried?" Bentley asked sounding amused.

"No but you should be." I told him as he took my hand. They were just asking for trouble.

"Babe, I know how to control my eyes... Brantley on the other hand .." He said trailing off.

"I'm glad I'm single. My eyes can wander all they want!" Brandon said, teasingly as we walked in. He tagged along with us whenever we went places. He wasn't a third wheel though, he was actually quite entertaining. He just looked out of place sitting with two couples when he had no date. I actually kind of felt bad for him. He deserved happiness too

"Ooo... I want her number." He said as a brunette walked by. Then a blonde passed by and his gaze switched to her. "Never mind, I want hers... Or maybe that redheads... no, no, definitely the dark haired on over there."