Hopessly Devoted - Uh.. Oops

Layla's POV

I actually had fun at the beach. The girls made sure to keep me distracted. So there wasn't much time to think about Bentley.

Prom followed after that, Brandon was an excellent date. It felt like I was on a date with my brother or my best friend, but it was still fun. We hung out with Hope and Brant most of the time anyways. It wasn't the best prom ever, but I was glad that I went and made the memories. I was going to be thankful for them later on in life.

It was about a week after prom, and we were all sitting in the living room at the boys apartment. It was what we called a movie day, which is what we did most Saturdays. We were watching the movie 'Black Hawk Down'. It was the guys choice, but I wasn't complaining. I was too busy stuffing my face with the meat lovers pizza that was sitting in front of me on the coffee table.

"Layla, chill out. That's your fourth slice." Hope said sounding amused.

"I'm hungry! Oh we should go get some pickled okra, and some pickles and ooh some fried green tomatoes." I said. Oh man all that sounded great!

"Layla if you keep eating like that, you're going to gain the freshman fifteen a few months early." Brandon teased.

"I can't help it, I'm craving all that... Can we please go to the store?" I begged, giving them the puppy dog pout.

"Fine, lets go." Brandon said picking up his keys.

Yes!! I was getting food.

He and I drove to the nearest grocery store, and he let me stock up on food. I think he still felt bad about Bentley dumping me, but I didn't care. I was already starting a new relationship, yes, me and my food were getting quite serious. I was thinking about marrying the ramen noodles, at least the food comforted me.

Brandon's POV

After the girls went home, Brant and I just sat in the living room watching TV. We never did much on Saturdays anyway.

"Brant, I'm worried about Layla." I said as he brought me a beer from the kitchen.

"I am too. I think she is trying to eat so she doesn't get sad." He replied as he opened his beer.

"I think it's more than that. Earlier, she was eating the nestle chocolate milk powder." I told him.

"Just the powder?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, eating it with a spoon and she has been eating other weird stuff too." I said.

"Are you thinking that she's .. You know?" He asked uncertain.

"She has gained a little bit of weight over the past month.. Not a whole lot but she has a little bit."

"Maybe she is just stressed." He offered.

"Or maybe we're getting a niece or nephew." I said.

"Bentley isn't that stupid... Is he?"

"When it came to her, he was a bit careless.." I said.

"Wouldn't she tell us if she was though?" Brant asked looking hurt.

"Maybe she doesn't know.." I said.

"I think that we had better talk to mama." Brant said. That actually made a lot of sense. Mama would know, she's be able to help us.

So with that being sad, we quickly left our apartment and headed for home. This was too important to wait. We found Daddy in the yard working on his truck, Bethie was doing homework, and Mama was in the kitchen.

"What are y'all doing here?" She asked smiling at us.

"Mama we think Layla's pregnant." I said. I wasn't one to beat around the bush. I was always straight forward, and to the point. Mama's smile fell and a look of shock swept over her face.