Hopelessly Devoted - Epilogue

Layla's POV

"Mama!" I heard my now, thirteen year old daughter, Ava yell as she stomped into the house, her brothers in tow. Hope had just picked them up from school. They were in the eighth grade now.

"What is it, Baby?" I asked

"They did it again." She whined as her brothers grinned, not a bit ashamed. I suppressed a smile.

By it, she was talking about scaring off any boy who tried to talk to her. Their daddy had made sure the boys knew that it was their job to protect Ava. and they did not disappoint.

"Boys." I said and their smiles turned into a straight line. "Why must y'all embarrass your sister?" I asked.

"It's Daddy's fault." Andrew said, clearly not intending to take punishment.

"Can't y'all give her a break?" I asked.

"Now Mama, where the fun in that?" Aiden asked with a smiled and I ran my fingers through his curly hair.

My sons were almost as tall as me. When they hit their growth spurt, they definitely shot up.

"I'll see you for supper, Lay." Hope said with a wave and then she walked out the door. She and Brant had their own house, and their own little boy as well. Hunter was his name, he was eight and a miniature Brantley in every way.

Brandon and Molly had their own house as well, Bentley and I had the original house we had all lived in. He had purchased it from his brothers during our first year of being married. The thing is, he sold a section of the property to each of his brothers and so, all of our houses were not fair apart, technically, they all on the same plot of land.

But anyways, Brandon and Molly had twin daughters. Emberly and Eve, they were just a few months younger than Hunter.

Now, I'm sure your wondering about Bentley and I. Well, I found out I was pregnant again a few months after we got married. We ended up with a baby boy, this one actually looked like me. We named him Blaine. He's six, not much younger than Hunter and the twins.

About three years later, I found out I was pregnant, yet again. Since Bentley and I made that deal on Christmas Eve, and we had a boy, we did try again and this time we had a lovely daughter, Noel. She was just a little older than Bethie's son Jared. Those two are three years old and best buddies.

Noel had the room that the triplets use to sleep in when they were younger and Ava had my old room. Bentley and I occupied Hope and Brant's old room, while Aiden and Andrew shared Brandon's old room, and Blaine slept had the old guest bedroom.

I still feed everyone supper. Hope and Brant were still hopeless in the kitchen and I didn't want poor baby Hunter to starve. Molly worked til five every evening and I knew she was always exhausted when she got home, Brandon could cook but I was just better at it, so we all ate together. We would put the kids together at the dining room table since it was the biggest and all of us adult sat at the kitchen table.

I peeked into the oven to check on the pork chops I had baking, and smiled as I heard a guitar began echoing through out the house. That was Aiden's passion.

"Mommy!" Noel called as she walked into the kitchen.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Can Jared and I go play outside?" She asked as her cousin followed her into the room. Yeah, they all stayed at my house in the afternoon, and since Noel and Jared weren't in school yet they stayed home with me.

"Fine, but don't get dirty. Supper should be ready soon." I told them as they both took off for the back yard, barefooted. It was August, so the weather was still warm.