Hopelessly Devoted - Duck Hunting

A/N Okay, well enjoy this chapter because I have been planning this chapter in my head for a while and I am really excited about it, I hope y'all like it!

Layla's POV

Duck season came around with December. I was pretty excited about going duck hunting. Deer season had been successful for me, Hope and the boys. We all did pretty good, Hope did the best though, which surprised the guys. I, of course, knew that my best friend was an excellent hunter.

It was a few days after Christmas and it was the first time I was going duck hunting. Hope, Brandon and Brant had already gone that year, but Bentley wanted me to wait and go with him. Did he really think I was going to get something on my first time? It took me two years to kill a buck, I definitely wasn't going to get anything that time... I was just planning on watching.

I pulled on my hunting shirt and vest with a pair of blue jeans, then I pulled my hair into a ponytail and put a camouflage baseball hat on.

"You look like you're ready to kill." Bentley said when I walked into his room.

"You'd better watch out then." I said winking at him. He grabbed me and pulled me onto his lap.

"I've missed you." He said leaning to kiss me.

"I've missed you too." I said as our lips met. God, I loved this boy.

"Hey Bents .. Oh dude!" Brantley said as he opened the door and found us kissing. We broke apart and I blushed.

"What do you want Brant?" Bentley asked sounding a little annoyed.

"We're leaving.." He said but he kept his eyes closed.

"Brant.. We aren't making out anymore .." I said.

"Yeah but I'm trying to get that image out of my mind. I think I'm scarred for life." He said.

"Don't you think you're being a but dramatic." I asked. "It's not like you walked in on us having sex."

"I'm sorry Layla but I don't want to see the two of you doing anything." He said and then he turned to walk out.

"Here." Bentley said handing me a pair of boots. The boots went almost to my knee, they were for when we were standing in the water. "They're mine from when I was in like middle school but they'll fit you better than any of the others."

"Thanks." I said pulling his boots on. They were big but I could walk in them, they actually almost fit me. "Why do you have boots from when you were in middle school?" I asked.

"Mama kept them and Bethie wears them sometimes." He said as he pulled on his own pair. "Lets go."

We walked down stairs and found Mr. Leland, Hope, Brandon, and Brantley waiting for us. I picked up my gun case from beside the door and we all walked out.

"Bentley.. I don't know what the hell I am suppose to do.." I whispered as we walked out to the truck.

"You aim and you shoot... At ducks. Not people." He said I slapped his arm.

"I know that smart ass." I mumbled. If he kept picking at me, I was gonna point my 44 magnum at him.

Mr. Leland got in the truck and started it. The rest of us climbed into the bed of the truck and that's where we rode. We went toward the back of their property. He parked the truck and we all climbed out.

I pulled my gun out of its case and threw the case into the back. I was armed and dangerous! Bentley had better watch out.

"Alright Bentley and Layla we need to document this." Brandon said holding his phone. I made a face.