Hopelessly Devoted - Big News

Layla's POV

Summer went by pretty fast and before any of us realized it July showed up.

Mrs. Megan and Mr. Leland didn't push Hope and I to tell our parents but we knew that we had to soon. Mrs. Megan took it upon herself to help us. She invited them over for dinner at the Lake's house.

We only had two days to prepare, because the dinner would be on Sunday night. We were all enjoying a little bit of time together because we weren't sure of how our parents were going to react.

"Layla!" Brandon yelled looking at me with a confused look.

"What?" I asked.

We were sitting by the pool, relaxing, hanging out, and waiting for Bentley to get home. It was Friday and none of us felt like doing anything. I had actually been trying to take a nap before Brandon interrupted me.

"I've been calling your name for the past five minutes.." He said.

Had he really? Oops, well that's what he gets for messing up my nap. I get cranky when I don't get to sleep.

"Sorry. I'm just tired." I told him as I let out a yawn. "Now what do you want?"

"Have you talked to my brother?"

"Not since this morning.. Why?" I asked. Bentley was actually the reason I was so tired. I had woken up at 7:00 because he called me as he was walking out of his house for work. It was sweet of him to call, but I would've rather have slept in. It was five now and I was exhausted.

"He was suppose to call me at four.. And it's five now." Brandon said checking his phone.

"He probably forgot or got caught up at work." I said brushing it off. It was unlike Bentley to not be on time but knowing him, he had probably gotten caught up at work. He was a bit of a workaholic.

"You're probably right.." Brandon said but he still sounded uncertain.

"Bran. Chill out. You know he stays late at work." Brantley said. Of course he wasn't worried. He never worried about anything and if he did, then you knew something was VERY wrong.

Brandon didn't say anything else, and neither did the rest of us. I laid down on the chair and put one earphone in. I was going to take a nap, and this time it would not be interrupted. I snuggled down into the soft, fluffy towel that Mrs. Megan had brought out to me and then I fell into a deep sleep.

I woke up to find Brantley, Brandon and Hope all sitting close together and whispering. They must've been trying to not wake me up. I sat up and looked around. It wasn't dark yet, so I must've not slept for too long.

I looked over to the other three, they all looked upset but as soon as they saw me they plastered fake smiles onto their faces. Did they really think I was that stupid?

I wrapped the towel around me and walked over to them. "What's going on guys?" I asked cautiously. Obviously something was going on. And since Brantley had also looked upset, it was something big. Oh shit. 

"Nothing. Everything is fine." Brandon said lying to me. I frowned, what the hell was going on!? I looked and around and suddenly I felt sick.

"Where's Bentley?!" I asked, the panic in my voice was clear.

"No no, Layla! He's fine. He's on his way home, he'll be here in a few minutes." Brandon said quickly. 

"Then what the hell is going on!? I know that y'all are hiding some thing!" I said folding my arms over my chest.

"It's nothing Layla, really." Brandon assured me. I sighed and just glared at them. I didn't like being left out of the loop.

"Hey guys!" Bentley said cheerfully as he walked out the sliding glass door.