Hopelessly Devoted - It Goes Like This

Layla's POV

Sunday afternoon we were relaxing around the living room with the guys. They were going to leave for their bro time at five, so we got a little bit of time with them.

"Hey Hope, Layla, wanna go walking?" Bethie asked walking into the living room.

"Sure." We said together.

"Layla, Hope, y'all are doing them dishes when you get back." Brandon said as Bentley and Brantley laughed. I turned to him and raised an eyebrow, then I smirked.

"Oh I'll do the dishes." I said sweetly.

"Really?" They all asked in disbelief.

"Sure, but Bentley doesn't get laid." I said with a devious grin. Do them dishes my ass.

"Never mind." Bentley said quickly.

"That's what I thought." I said as I turned back to the two girls who also had a smirk on their face. "Them dishes better be done by the time we get back boys." I called and then we walked out the door.

We got back an hour later, the boys were already gone and the dishes were done. I smirked, they were just too easy. Us three girls went upstairs and laid down in Bethany's room.

"I can't believe that you're going to be my sister in law!" Bethie said beaming at Hope.

"You've got a while to wait. It's not like we're gonna get married right time I turn eighteen." Hope said but I knew she was excited about it.

"I call dibs on being maid of honor!" I said smiling.

"Can I be a bridesmaid?" Bethie asked.

"Sure. And Layla, everyone already knows you'll be maid of honor." Hope said. Which was true. I would be her maid of honor and she would be mine, whenever I got married.

"So when can I expect nieces and nephews?" Bethie asked.

"Oh not this again." Hope groaned.

"Not for a while. Let her get out of high school."

"I'm expecting some from you too." Bethie said looking at me.

"Me!?" I exclaimed. I wasn't even engaged to her brother.

"Yes you! You know good and well that you and Bentley are going to get married." She said. Oh goodness.

"He's gotta put a ring on my finger before we start talking about kids." I said laughing.

"He did put a ring on your finger .." Bethie said which caused her to start laughing and me to stop, oh shit, she was right. I started laughing again.

"A wedding ring, not a promise ring." I said clarifying.

"Bummer." Bethie said. Didn't this child have some little cousins she could play with? Why was she so demanding about nieces and nephews. Hope and I weren't even out of high school yet.

We got off of the baby talk and started watching TV, while we waited for the guys to get back. It was Bentley's last night before he had to go back, so I wanted to spend it with him, even though I also had school the next day.

Bentley's POV

The guys and I didn't do much to celebrate. We went and ate at Hooters, I let my brothers drink and I offered to drive home. We went to the mall because we had nothing better to do, so we were just walking around there. We were waking by one of the jewelry places when my brothers gave me look.

"What?" I asked.

"When are you gonna ask Layla?" Brandon asked.

"Doesn't that promise ring symbolize that I'm going to marry her?" I asked.