Hopelessly Devoted - Texas or Georgia ?

A/N its not very long but its just a filler chapter so I apologize in advance because its not the best. So I'm sorry guys.

Layla's POV

It seemed like Thanksgiving Break ended way too soon. I knew that I needed to speak to the counselors about applying to colleges in Texas, and we were only allowed to go speak to them on our lunch.

"Mrs. Williams!" I said as I spotted my counselor on the way to lunch.

"Hi Layla." She said as I walked up to her. She knew pretty much everyone by name because of how small our school was.

"Mrs. Williams, I need to come talk to you.. About college." I said.

"Okay.. Umm, why don't you go eat and then you can come to my office." She said.

"Okay, thanks!" I said and then I went through the lunch line and joined my friends at our table.

Everyone was talking about what they did over the break but I stayed silent. Bentley and I still hadn't told anyone about our plan, not even Hope or the guys.

"What'd you do over the break, Layla?" My friend, Taylor, asked.

"I .. Umm.. I went to Texas." I said nonchalantly.

"With Bentley?" Cammie asked smirking.

"Of course." Hope threw in.

"Not just Bentley. Mrs. Megan, Brandon and Bethany went too." I said as I looked down at my plate.

"But I'm sure you and Bentley had some alone time." Taylor said waggling her eyebrows. I felt my cheeks turn red and Taylor noticed. "Oh so y'all did?!"

"Girl we want details!" Cammie said to me rather loudly.

"As much as I would love to sit here and talk about my boyfriend and our personal lives, I need go go talk to Mrs. Williams."

"Why do you need to go talk to Mrs. Williams?" Hope asked curiously.

"I looked at some colleges over the break and I want to apply to one."

"I thought you wanted to go to Brewton Parker or the one in Americus." Cammie said.

"Yeah, I do.. But I like this other college a lot too." I said. Hope gave me a suspicious look but didn't say anything. I knew she would question me about it later.

The other girls shrugged and I walked out of the cafeteria toward the counselors office. The door to Mrs. Williams office was open so I walked on in and found her typing away on her computer.

"Okay, Layla, what's this about?" She asked turning to face me as I sat down.

"I need to apply to a few colleges in Texas, I know that I am a little late that's why I need your help.."

"Why Texas?" She asked curiously. "Is it because of a boy?"

"Yes ma'am."

"So it must be pretty serious, if the two of you are planning on living together."

"Yes ma'am."

"You know Layla, I think staying in Georgia would be good for you. I'm almost positive you'll be accepted into Brewton-Parker or Georgia Southwestern State University.."

"Mrs. Williams, I know that I look like a fool for wanting to do this, but I would like to apply. Of course, once I get the acceptance letters from the schools, I'll decided which is the best for me." I assured her.

"Alright Layla.. Have you talked to your parents about this yet? This is a big decision."

"We're planning on talking to them soon." I told her. She sighed.