Hopelessly Devoted - Bye Bye Bentley

I rolled over in the bed and sighed. It was Monday. I yawned and stumbled out of bed. The clock in the hallway read nine in the morning. Hope was still asleep  but she wouldn't be for long. I could hear our parents talking to Meme in the living room. I could hear them warning her about our new boyfriends and I couldn't help but laugh softly.

Meme acted surprised and didn't let on that she knew or that she had already met them. God, I loved that woman. She wasn't my biological grandmother but she was my grandma not matter what genetics said.

I walked into the living room, only to get a lecture about the boys. I should've just stayed in bed.

"Guys! I understand the rules and Meme is going to take care of us." I said after a while. I couldn't take this anymore! My God, why couldn't they just trust us?

Hope stumbled in a few minutes later, which meant they were going to go over the rules.. Again. I silently groaned. Why couldn't they just leave already?

They finally stood up to leave, after they had gone over the rules another three times. We gave them hugs and practically pushed them out the door. FINALLY!

"Well you girls go ahead and call them boys, I'm sure they're going to want to come over." Meme said walking to the kitchen. Oh yes, I definitely loved my Meme. Hope was already dialing Brantley's number.

I could hear Meme singing 'I will always love you' as she cooked enough food to feed an army. I joined in on the song, as I always did when she sang, and got dressed. I didn't need them showing up while I was still in my pajamas .. Again. I pulled on a pair of Soffe shorts and a Guy Harvey shirt then I ran a brush through my hair and left it down.

I applied a little bit of eyeliner and mascara, brushed my teeth and I was good to go. Just in time too because I could hear them knocking on the door. Hope was still getting dressed so I ran around to greet them. I opened the door and watched as a cheerful Brandon walked in, a happy Brantley and then a not so happy looking Bentley.

"Hey guys." I said as they walked in.

"Hey Layla." The first two greeted as they made their way inside to side down.

"Hey Baby." Bentley said as he stepped inside but he didn't look very happy.

"Bentley, what's going on?" I asked folding my arms.

"I have some bad news.." He said nervously. Oh hell.

"I'm listening.." I said.

"I've got to leave for Texas ... Tomorrow." He said, softly adding the last part.

"Are you freaking kidding me!?" I exclaimed. I walked out the front door and onto the front porch. I knew he would follow but the others didn't need to hear this.

"Layla, I just found out this morning.." He said rubbing a hand over his face. I sighed and turned to him.

"I hate your damn job." I told him. He laughed a little, and pulled me to him.

"It's gonna be okay Layla. I'll be back in a week .. Maybe two."

I glared at him. Two weeks. Yeah, I really hated his job.

"You're lucky that I like you, Lake. Because I want to kill you right about now." I mumbled.

"You like my pretty face too much to kill me Parks." He said. As much as I wanted to be mad at him, I couldn't. It wasn't his fault, it was that company's.

Yeah I was past hate, I loathed that place.

I rolled my eyes at him and kissed his cheek. "Lets go eat Fatty." I said dragging him back indoors.