Hopelessly Devoted - You Got Your Wish

Layla's POV

The day Bentley was suppose to come again, I wasn't feeling too hot. I wasn't throwing up or anything, I figured it was just motion sickness, I got like that sometimes, so I continued on to school.

I dropped JJ off and met up with Hope in the commons area. It was the Friday, and we were getting out that day for Spring break, and prom was the Saturday after doing break.

Hope and I had already got our dresses, with the help of Sophie, Bethie, Mrs. Megan, and Hope's mother, Mrs. Sadie. Yeah, my mama was still pretty pissed off at me. I asked her if she wanted to go, but she told me she was busy. I didn't beg, nor offer again. I didn't bother with my daddy. He was going to need a while to cool off.

Hope, being the amazing best friend that she is, had me a powerade and some pills for motion sickness when I got to her.

"Are you sure that you're okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, it'll pass now that I standing on the ground." I told her, and it did. I felt a lot better by the middle of first period.

During lunch, I finally told the rest of my friends that I was going to Texas after graduation. They were all shocked to say the least, but they were happy for me and they supported my decision.

That was when Cammie came up with the idea to go to the beach for spring break, her grandparents had a beach house, and they invited her to come there, and they said she could bring us all. And by all of us, I mean me, Hope, and Taylor. Why they wanted four teenage girls in their house, I would never know.

"We've got to do this." Cammie insisted.

"It can be like an early graduation and goodbye thing." Taylor said.

"I think it's a great idea." Hope said and they all turned to me, as if it was up to me.

"You know I am up for a beach trip." I said smiling.

"Yay! So we'll leave Wednesday, and come back Saturday." Cammie said.

"Great, it'll be good to have girl time." I said and I instantly felt a little sad. Pretty soon I was going to be leaving my friends and I probably wouldn't have a girls night with them for a long time, if I ever did get to again. Growing up sucks.

"You okay, Lay?" Hope asked.

"Yeah, it's just hard to believe that in two months we're going to graduate." I said as it finally sank in.

"I know, we're not kids anymore." She said and that made me want to cry.

"Do you realize that we've been friends since we were born?" I asked her. "That's eighteen years." I added. We really had been friends since we were born, if you couldn't tell before, our parents were best friends. Mama and Mrs. Sadie met in middle school, and they've been friends since then. So of course they planned for Hope and I to be bestfriends.

"God, you're right?" Hope said as she thought about it. "Man, we're getting old."

I started laughing. I knew that we weren't old but boy it felt like it. I enjoyed the rest of the day, and unfortunately, I got motion sick again. Stupid cars.

When Hope and I got to her house, her mama was sitting in the living room, looking at pictures. I guess it was hitting her too.

"Hey Mama." Hope and I said together. Yes, I called her mama and Mr. Chad, daddy. I mean, they did help raise me, it was only fair to give them credit.

"Hey girls." She said offering us a smile. We sat down, one of us on each side and looked down at the pictures. There was some of Hope the day she was born, then there was one of Hope visiting me when I was born, there was one of us when we were six and both snaggle-toothed, and there were pictures from every first day of school.