Hopelessly Devoted - Dinner With Kate

Layla's POV

"Layla!" Cammie exclaimed as she walked into homeroom.

"Cammie!" I said back as she took her seat next to me.

"Okay, so I know you don't go out much but you've got to come out Friday! We're all hanging out." She said and by all she meant all of our 'friends'.

"Trying to convince her to come?" Alex asked as he sat down. I guess that they had been planning this.

"I don't know.." I said uncertain.

"Layla, you haven't done anything this school year besides worry about your boyfriend. Senior year is almost over, you need to make some memories." Alex said. He was right about that. I hadn't done anything. I didn't go to any wild parties, I hung out with my friends, but not as much as I should have and I had spent most of my time worrying about Bentley. Maybe going out with them would be a good idea.

"Maybe. I'll think about it." I said.

"Come on Layla, please." Cammie said.

"If you will agree to come, I'll will come pick you up and stick by you the entire time." Alex offered.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really. You need to act like a teenager and enjoy senior year. You can play wife to Bentley once we graduate." He added. He had a good point.

"Okay, I'll come." I said which earned me smiles from them both.

"I'll pick you at seven thirty." Alex said

The bell rang, dismissing us to move onto our next class. I found Hope in the hallway and informed her of my plans for that Friday.

"You do realize that Bentley is going to flip out that you're riding with another boy, right?" Hope said as we walked through the crowded hallway.

"I know, but he's just gonna have to trust me." I told her. Yeah, I definitely wasn't looking forward to telling Bentley that Alex was going to pick me up Friday. It's not like it was a date or anything, he was just being a good friend but Bentley was a tad possessive, and I knew he wouldn't like it at all.

I also knew that he would give me my way. Even if he didn't want to, he would let me go without much of a fight.

Bentley's POV

I sat at my desk and just stared at the screen. It had been a long day. I looked at the clock, it was already six. I should've already left. The work would have to wait until the next day.

As I gathered up my papers, my phone started ringing. Layla.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, you aren't busy, are you?" She asked.

"No, I'm packing up now. Everything okay?" I answered.

"Yeah, everything is fine. I was just going to tell you that I got invited to go to Cammie's Friday. She's having a party, I guess."

"Is Hope going too?" I asked. I always felt better knowing that the two of them stuck together. I didn't worry as much then.

"No, I'm going by myself... Well actually, Alex offered to let me ride with him.." She said trailing off.

"Are you asking me or telling me?" I replied.

"Asking, I guess. I mean, if you don't want me to ride with him I won't.." She offered. Of course I didn't want her to ride with him. It's not that I didn't trust her, because I did, I just didn't trust this Alex guy.

"If you want to go, I won't stop you... Can I trust this Alex guy to keep his hands off of you?" I asked.

"Don't worry Bentley, he's seen you and your brothers. He's too scared to try anything." She joked. It made me feel better though.