Hopelessly Devoted - Being a Family

Layla's POV

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!"

Is what I woke up to hear. I opened my eyes and saw my kids rushing through the bathroom door. I slide back on the bed, but hit a hard chest. I looked and saw Bentley smiling at me.

"Move over." I grumbled as the kids all three climbed into the bed. Bentley's arms were still wrapped around my waist, so I was still snuggled close to him. "Good morning babie, did y'all sleep well?" I asked as the triplets got settled.

Andrew moved over to where Bentley was laying and sat by his father. I moved and leaned up against the headboard, then Aiden climbed into my lap, and Ava decided to settle in between Bentley and I.

"Mommy, Daddy made us cookies last night." Aiden told me excitedly.

"Oh he did?" I asked looking over to Bentley.

"They gave me that innocent little look." He defended.

I laughed, and looked at my sweet babies, "What else did y'all do with Daddy?" I asked.

"We played on the wii, and hide and seek, and.." Andrew told me

"and we played monster! He chased us!" Ava exclaimed giggling.

"So y'all had fun then?" I asked and smiled as the triplets let out 'Yeahs'.

"Mommy, tell us a story." Andrew said.

"A story? what kind of story?" I asked.

"One about you and Daddy." Ave replied snuggling up next to me.

"The once when Uncle Brandon put you on his shoulder." Aiden suggested.

They loved that story, they thought it was hilarious that Brandon carried me through the store on his shoulder. So I told my sweet babies and their father the story of the day Bentley and I started dating.

"Uncle Brandon is so funny!" My daughter said with a giggle.

"Uncle Brandon is so bad!" I said laughing.

"That was a good day." Bentley said, smiling fondly at the memory.

"We had a lot of those." I said smiling back at him. Then I looked at the kids, "Who's ready for breakfast?" I asked.

They didn't even respond, they just all bounced up and took off full speed to the kitchen. I guess that was my answer. Bentley threw the covers back and climbed out of bed, then came around to my side and took my hand to get me out of bed.

"Come on Mommy, lets go feed the munchkins." He said and I held his hand as we walked into the kitchen. The kids were already sitting at the table waiting.

"Pancakes or waffles?" I asked, as I walked over to the fridge to take out the ingredients.

They all looked at each other, then exclaimed, "Waffles!"

Bentley fixed them all cups of milk, chocolate of course, and I made their waffles and fried up a pack of bacon. While I was cooking, Molly and Brandon strolled in, the latter sporting a serious case of bed hair.

"Two waffles, extra bacon." Brandon said as he joined the toddlers at the table.

"Do I look like a housewife to you?" I asked as I dished out more bacon. I was going to need another package to feed this group. Brandon and Bentley always ate enough for ten people.

"Damn straight." He said and Molly whacked him upside the back of the head.

"Ohhh you said a bad word!" Andrew said.

"You gotta stand in the corner!" Aiden said, looking disappointed in his uncle.

"For five minutes and Mommy has to pop your hand." Ava added.

"That's right kids!" Molly said looking at Brandon, who was rubbing the back of his head.

"I'm not standing in the corner." He stated.

"Yes, you are. Your setting a bad example you've got to he punished." Molly stated, folding her arms across her chest to let him know she was serious.

Bentley was sitting at the end of the table, trying to not laugh at this 'serious situation'. He lost it though when Brandon actually got up and went to stand in the corner. I even set the timer to make sure he didn't cheat.

I fixed my babies and their handsome daddy a plate and then fixed Molly and Brandon's, he was able to get out of timeout by the time breakfast was finished and I was finally able to sit down and join them.

Ava, Aiden, and Andrew all Bowes their heads, with us adults following their lead and they led the blessing. Of course it was only the 'God is great, God is good', but they still said Grace.

After breakfast, Brandon and Molly cleaned up the kitchen for me and we got the kids dressed. We put them in their coats and boots and took them outside to soak up some sun, while we could.

"I've got to head back to Texas in a day or two." He said with a sigh as we settled on the back porch steps watching the kids run and play.

"I know, do you think you can come back this weekend, it's their birthday." I informed.

"I'll be here. I'm not going to miss another birthday." He said determinedly.

"I've got to meet Eric for lunch..." I said with a sigh.

"Not gonna change your mind are you?" He asked.

"Marrying a doctor would be nice." I teased, then I kissed his cheek and laid my head on his shoulder. "But I love you, so it wouldn't do me any good."

He kissed my forehead and wrapped an arm around my waist. "I love you too."

I left the triplets with Bentley and went to meet Eric at a Resturant in the middle of town. We settled into a booth, toward the back. I was thankful there weren't many people there to witness what could be a very embarrassing moment.

"So have you thought about it?" He asked and I nodded, I didn't know what to say, and I was scared. "and...?" He pushed.

"Eric, I love you.. but I'm not in love with you and you're not in love with me either." I said softly, trying so hard to let him down easily.

"Yes I am." He replied.

"No you aren't, you think you are but you aren't and you're such a great guy and you deserve a lot better than what I have to offer. I'm a girl with three kids by another guy and .. I still love that guy, I'm IN love with that guy." I said and he nodded his head.

"I wish I could convince you, but I can't, can I?" Eric responded and I shook my head no.

"You deserve a great girl who will be able to give you her whole heart." I told him.

"I think I always knew you still loved him.. but I love you Layla, I really do."

"I love you too." I said offering him a sad smile. "And I'll be seeing you soon, I think my kids are scheduled for an appointment soon." I said as I stood up.

"I'll see you then." He said and he stood to hug me goodbye.

I left him there. I left him sitting alone at that resturant. It was a bittersweet moment. Eric had been a good friend and he had helped me so much, while and I was pregnant and even over the past year. But I just couldn't love him like he wanted me to, so we let each other go. I hoped that he would find the right girl, because I had found the right boy, and everyone deserved a change at love.

I drove away leaving my relationship and Eric behind me. I didn't look back either. I only concentrated on getting back to the man I loved and our children. I was going home to my family.

A/N okay so I've been thinking this over. It may be two or three more chapters and then the epilogue. You know, just depending on the ideas I get while writing.

Hope y'all liked it and also have a happy Thanksgiving!

Comment and Vote! y'all are awesome