Chapter 7

I'm already dreading going to my marketing class, and I just woke up, but if I want to graduate with my business degree at the end of my fourth year, I'll have to suck it up.

I undress out of my t-shirt and shorts and put on a pair of blue skinny jeans and a sweatshirt because it's already getting so cold in NY. I put on the basics for makeup, light foundation and a coat of mascarra. As I'm combing through my dark, tangly hair, I spray some dry shampoo in hopes that my hair won't be too flat today. It doesn't do much, but it does enough that I don't try and do anything else to my hair.

I grab a pack of strawberry pop tarts from the pantry next to my fridge and head out the door and down the two flights of stairs.

Arriving at campus, someone almost knocks me over rushing out of the school's main doors. I stumble over my feet but manage to stay upright. The kid who ran into me doesn't even glance my way as he continues to walk past me. Jerk.

I make my way to my first class of the day, math, which happens to be on the other side of the school, so I walk quickly to be there in time. My math class always passes by so fast because I'm really good with numbers, so it's one of my favorite classes

    I get to class a little early and decide to check my bank account to see how much money I have left to spend this month. I pull out my phone and click on the app.

    Shit. I only have $100 to get by on these next two weeks. I'll have enough for food and maybe a pair of fucking socks. Fuck. I massage my temples and thoughts of how I'm going to get more money flow through my head: I could get a second job? A third job? Move back home? Drop out? My thoughts are all ridiculous ones. I know what I need to do, but I really don't want to even consider it. But I have to. I need to get a roommate.

    God dammit. Just thinking of my old roommate makes me have a serious headache. I know if I do get one though it will save me hundreds of dollars a month if my rent is cut in half. But how do you even find a roommate? My best friend lives with her boyfriend and my other friends in the city live on campus  or at the doorms, and no way in hell I'm going back to that. Maybe I could put up signs around campus or something?

    I'm gladly pulled out of my thoughts of getting a roommate, when the professor walks in and begins class.
---------------------------------

My classes fly by with unwanted thoughts all the way until my marketing class. I spot Asher right away in his usual spot. He's on the edge of his seat tapping his fingers on his desk in a cresendo. He almost looks nervous. Iv'e never seen him nervous, he's always so laid back.

I make my way towards my desk and Asher's head snaps up when he sees me coming. Gone is his nervous posture and is replaced with a sly grin and a little wave of his hand gesturing me to sit. I roll my eyes at that.

"Hey," Asher starts in as soon as I sit down at my desk.

"Hi," I tell him over my shoulder.

"Are you excited for our date on Friday," he asks putting extra emphasis on 'our'.

I turn around in my chair and narrow my eyes. "If you're going to keep bringing it up every time you see me, then there will not be a 'date'."

He laughs and throws his hands up as a sign of surrender. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. But it was just a question, Jasmine. I want to know if you're excited or not." He's no longer laughing and now has a curious expression on his face like he genuinely wants to know if I'm excited or not.

I'm saved from answering that question when the professor walks in and greets the class with a hello. I turn away from Asher and focus my attention on the professor and his boring lecture.

About forty minutes in I'm tapping my foot impatiently waiting for class to be over so I can go to work and then try and find a roommate. Five minutes later the teacher is dismissing us a little early when he holds up a copy of "The 22 Immutable laws of Marketing".

"Before you leave I want you guys to know that each of you needs to go out and purchase this book for class on Wednesday." The whole class grumbles complaints, but that doesn't stop him and he continues only louder. "It's a very educational book that I think could teach all of you a lot and we will be reading it in class." More complaints arose from the students. I don't know why everyone is complaing. Reading a book is way more interesting than listening to him talk for an hour. "That's it, class. You guys are free to go. Have a good rest of the day."

I hop out of my chair and make my way quickly out the classroom door. I'm getting close to the main door when I hear someone shout behind me, "Jasmine, wait!"

I glance behind me to see Asher quickly making his way through the crowded hallway towards me. A few seconds later we're walking side by side.

"What?" I ask him.

"Are you headed to work?"

I answer slowly, "Yes, why?"

He smiles. "Perfect. Come on." He grabs my arm and starts pulling me outside. The cold hits me and I instantly see goosebumps starting to form on my arms.

I come to a stop, halting Asher's progress of taking me where ever he planned on going.

"Where are you going?"

"We are going to the bookstore. You heard the Professor. We have to buy that amazing book," he says sarcasticly.

"Why do we have to go together?"

"Because I have a car, and I can drive us there so you don't freeze your ass off."

I'm about to protest when he interrupts me. "Before you say no just remember it's a good couple blocks away and when you die of frostbite you will forever be haunted by regret because you did not take a very nice offer and just let me drive you."

I sigh before saying, "Fine, let's go."

He smiles and takes my arm again and leads me to his car. It's not parked very far away and it only takes us about a minute for us to walk there.

We both hop into his red jeep with red cheeks and chattering teeth. He cranks up the heat, but keeps the radio off, leaving us in an awkward silence.

When we pull up to the bookstore I rummage through my backpack to look for my name tag. I finally find it under a couple of books and clip it onto my sweatshirt.

We head into the store and I tell Asher to meet by the literature section because it is across from where I think the book we need should be.

After having a quick chat with the manager I make my way over to the aisle across from the literature section and notice that Asher is talking to someone. A very tall and very sexy someone. Even though his back is facing me I know it's him from the long lean body, the signature suit and tie, and his messy blonde hair. It's him. It's Jace.
----------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry for not updating for a couple of weeks I was very busy with school and finals. Now that my finals are over I will start updating again every few days. I will for sure update again maybe today or tommorow. Please vote and comment what you thought of chapter 7 and Happy Holidays!