Chapter 63

"Get up," I say smiling as I try to get Jace out of bed. The Twenty One Pilots concert is tonight, and I couldn't be more excited.

"What time is it?" he asks reaching for me. I sidestep his hand, knowing where this is going to go if he touches me; I just got out of the shower, and I'm only wrapped in a towel.

"Almost eight."

He makes a you-have-to-be-kidding-me sound in the back of his throat and flips onto his stomache without opening his eyes. His hair is unruly as ever, and I resist pushing it off his forehead.

"Jace," I groan.

"Jasmine," he mocks. "What's the rush, the concert doesn't start for another twelve hours?" He makes a good point, but I want to make sure we get good spots. The concert is outdoors, and there are no seats, so it will just be a giant mass of people, and I want to make sure we get close to the stage; I'm not exactly the tallest person.

"I want to get good spots," I tell him, grabbing his hand.

He fights my attempts to get him up and says, "We'll get good spots," he assures me. "Now come here, I'm cold."

"And I'm naked."

He smirks lazily. "Even better." He opens one eye to confirm what I said. "Liar."

His hand grabs my towel faster than I can react, but he doesn't pull it off of me like I expect, instead he grabs both ends of the towel and pulls me to him. He sits up and moves me between his legs, keeping me hostage there.

My naked body is exposed, but he's looking me in the eyes. "Merry Christmas."

"It's not Christmas yet," I remind him as I try to wrap the towel back around me, but he's not having it.

"You didn't let me finish," he says, and finally gives me back my towel, but keeps me caged in with his legs, "Merry Christmas.... Eve."

I give him a quick kiss and wrap the towel around myself, my still damp hair drips small droplets of water onto his lap. "Merry Christmas Eve to you too."

He smiles, showing a perfect set of teeth. "I-" he shakes his head, "I can't believe you took a shower without me."

I narrow my eyes at him. "That's what you get for sleeping in."

"I would hardly call 7:30 sleeping in."

I open my mouth to continue our pointless banter, when I realize what he's trying to do. "Stop trying to distract me, and go take a shower."

He pouts like a child and sighs dramatically as he stands up, but I realize it was all an act when I turn around and he slaps my butt playfully; the smirk on his face is ridiculous.
--------------

I don't know how- actually I do, I just don't want to admit he has some sexual hold over me- it's almost three in the afternoon when we finally leave our hotel and hail a cab to the concert.

The drive is only half an hour, and I can barely contain my anxiousness on the way there. I play mindlessly with Jace's fingers to keep myself distracted and once in a while, I turn his hand palm up and trace the tattoo on his wrist.

When I glance up at him, I find him looking down at me with a curious expression. I smile and grab the collar of his shirt and pull him down to kiss me. He seems reluctant to kiss me back and when he pulls away and his eyes flicker to the cab driver I know why. But he still smirks when he looks down at me.

"Maybe I should take you to concerts more often, it seems to put you in a... good mood." Somehow he makes the word "good" sound very sexual, and I smile as he places a hand on the inside of my thigh.